Is there an app to play raw avchd consecutively? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old July 20th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Download VLC Player,it's free.

The PlayStation 3 supports AVCHD.

How to Edit, Convert and Burn HD footages to Blu-ray disc?
Hale Nanthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #17
Major Player

Get Movist instead. So much more stable. I never looked back after discovering that little player
Joachim Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Movist

One more voice here for Movist. If you are using a Mac, Movist is the smoothest, fasters player out there. On my 4-year old MacBook Pro, everything else struggles with the compression, with jerky playback. Movist sails smoothly through any AVCHD file I throw at it. Not to mention, it automatically plays back all files in the same directory. I just double-click on any of the files in the folder, Movist opens and plays all subsequent clips one after the other.

I don't know what works best in Windows.
Predrag Vasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:53 PM   #19
Major Player

Re: Is there an app to play raw avchd consecutively?

Interesting thread. Thanks Bob for pointing me to "SPLASH". I have been trying for ages to get a program to play AVCHD files consecutively on my PC. So I downloaded "Splash".

Previously, the best I could do was within windows explorer to select these files (highlight), & then press "enter". This works, - (sort of), but there is an annoying gap between each clip. However, I downloaded "Slpash Pro" (Mirillis). and although it is a bit awkward in the way it opens it does play the VIDEO smoothly & continuously, BUT, no sound !

I went into the settings for audio & it is set for "stereo" - correct, (output mode), & audio shows " audio 01 " Video also shows " video 01 " but I cannot get sound.

If I open with VLC it plays fine, - video & audio, but with this one I cannot get the files to play continuously. - Any suggestions for either or both programs ?

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM   #20
Major Player

Just adding to my previous reply, I am using windows 7, 64 bit with an Intel i7 CPU.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #21
New Boot

I'll add one too...

Cyberlinks PowerDVD 10
Which Plays both my Blu-Ray (Discs + Raw M2TS & ISO Files) and my Panasonic HDC-TM700 MTS files.

The best 3D video, Blu-ray player & DVD player software ? PowerDVD 10

Good Luck,
Bud
Bud Bolf is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion