Sample AVCHD footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Sample AVCHD footage?

I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic HMC80 very soon and I'd like to see how my system handles AVCHD raw footage.

Anyone know of any raw footage from this camera or something similar I can download and try out?

My current system is as follows:

Quad 8200 with 8GB of Ram running Windows 7 64 Bit.
Old January 8th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Major Player

here is a clip from a Sony HDR-SR11

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5271200/00016.MTS
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Toogood View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic HMC80 very soon and I'd like to see how my system handles AVCHD raw footage.
A lot will depend on the editor you are using, and whether or not you are willing to transcode your AVCHD footage to a less compressed CODEC.

My editor is Sony Vegas Pro, running on an i7 CPU with 12 GB of RAM. I am very happy with the performance of Vegas when editing AVCHD video from my HMC-150 camera. I also use the Cineform NEO SCENE CODEC ( videoguys.com sells it for $100 ) to archive projects, and when I am exchanging footage with Mac based Final Cut Pro Studio users.

Transcoding your AVCHD footage to the Cineform NEO SCENE CODEC will allow you to smoothly edit HD footage on almost any Windows based PC.

Adobe Premiere CS5 can be very fast if you have the right nVidia video-card to go with it, as much of the AVCHD decompression is offloaded to the graphics processor.
Guy McLoughlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion