Wanna Ask AVCHD Result HXR-NX5U vs HXR-MC50U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old January 11th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wanna Ask AVCHD Result HXR-NX5U vs HXR-MC50U

I'm planning to buy HXR-MC50U as a secondary camera, I already had a HXR-NX5U and quiet satisfied with the result, when i planned to buy this HXR-MC50U i have a question about the result..
Does anybody have an experience using this two camera? Thanx people..
Hope anybody can share their experience here...Thanx alot

Regards,
AN
Ario Narendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #2
Major Player

I can recommend the pairing. I have been using an NX5 with two CX550 cams and an FX 1000 for about a year. (The CX550 is the same camera as the MC50 except that the CX500 comes without the lens hood and the proprietary external microphone that dress up the MX50). I've been using the NX and CX together for the last year to shoot weddings, stage productions, concerts and events. The CX and NX work well together. One thing you have to be cautious with is color adjustments. The NX5 has so many options that you can, if you are not careful, make one too many adjustment and then have to make some color matching adjustments in editing.

I suggest you read Adam Wilt's excellent review of the MC50 which also discusses the CX500. You can find the article here:

ProVideo Coalition.com: Camera Log by Adam Wilt | Founder | Pro Cameras, HDV Camera, HD Camera, Sony, Panasonic, JVC, RED, Video Camera Reviews

After reading that article, you might decide to save some money and buy a CX550 instead of the MC50.

There are numbers of threads discussing the use of the CX550 with the NX5/AX2000 cams. Here are some you might want to read.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...ait-xf100.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr...rt-fx1000.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...cx550-nx5.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...0v-2000-a.html
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

hey Jay, thanx for the info..
yeah, I also think about the picture profile feature on NX5, I read the MC50 manual and there's no any picture profile feature..
well, I will think about CX550, and learn about it first before I decide which one to buy..
again, thanx for the info Jay

Regards,
AN
Ario Narendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #4
Trustee

I would echo Jay's comments in that I have intercut CX550 footage with EX1 footage successfully.
Same caviets: match the picture profiles with the camera that has the most adjustments, match the white balance, etc.
Also, before you buy anything, check out the new CX700, to be released in March. It is the CX550 with substantial new features- 1080p60 @ 28mbs, 1080i60 and p24 @ 24mbs, focus assist, peaking, zebras, some cine gamma type profiles, and all the CX550 features as well. It could well be one of the best cameras per $$ ever on the market.
HDR-CX700V | Full HD 96GB Flash Memory Camcorder | Sony | Sony Style USA
Old January 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Waw, thanx for the information Bob..yeah my main concern is the picture profile, because i already found the fittest picture profile on my NX5, and I need to look at that if I wanna buy my secondary cam..
I will also learn about that CX700....

Regards,
AN
Ario Narendro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion