Using Xpress dv 4.x - Need Advice on Changing Text Color Within Titles at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Bruce Moody

Using Xpress dv 4.x - Need Advice on Changing Text Color Within Titles

OK, it's been a long editing session and I'm probably suffering from some brain flatulence here, but here goes ... I've prepared and edited together a series of 50 text screens, along with an audio track, of a 911 call. The screens are black with white letters and consist of the 911 operator's comments and the caller's comments. The client now wants to change the caller's comments text to yellow. When I open the individual title screens, highlight the caller's text and then select the yellow color, ALL of the text in the title changes to yellow, not just the specific selected line. Is there not an easy way to simply highlight and change the color of specific sentences within a text screen, similar to changing font or point size, without affecting the other sentences?

Thanks!
Bruce
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I could be remembering wrong, but I believe the text inside each "text box" you create in the title tool has to be the same color, font, size, style, etc.

You may need to cut the text you want to make yellow out of the current text box and create a second box for that specific text. Painstaking, but if you create a style for the caller text it will make the process a little smoother.
Adam Bauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Bruce Moody

Thanks Adam. I had a feeling the fix would be something like what you describe. I'll give it a try tomorrow and post my efforts.

Best,
Bruce
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Bruce Moody

This works great Adam! There's a lot of copy/paste involved but it gets the job done and once the color has been selected, it's automatically duplicated when I click back into the window to paste in the text.

Thanks again!

Bruce

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family