HELP! Missing A1,A2, V1 track patches and no color correction preview at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old March 9th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #1
New Boot

HELP! Missing A1,A2, V1 track patches and no color correction preview

Hey guys, I'm having the darndest time with my Avid Media Composer 4 color correction as of today. For some reason all of a sudden my color correction window, ya know the "Current" one, doesn't show the color correction changes as I make them. Like, if I adjust the red curve, there is no difference in the window. Nothing happens. But if I look at my timeline the color correction effect has been added. Can anyone help with this?

I've made sure that the purple box is next to each adjustment tool is active indicating that I want the preview to show. I have also made sure that I was on the track that I wanted to adjust but still nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Avid and nothing. Still the same.

Also, my waveform monitor, vectorscope, and all those other tools don't show up in my color correction window. I have the drop-down menu with them but when I select one it doesn't appear. The only thing that shows up is the name of the tool, "Y Waveform," for instance. Any idea why?

Finally, for some reason my A1, A2, V1, track things have gone missing. Not the actual tracks but the things I use to patch to other tracks. Like, if I have 3 audio tracks: A1, A2, and A3, and I want to splice audio into track A3 but I need to move either the A1 or A2 thing next to track A3 in order to splice into that track? Those things are missing. The A1, A2, and V1 things don't show up beside my tracks. I hope I'm making sense. I don't know the name of those things. But I'd appreciate any help.
Shakeitta McCord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Do you have a program running in the background? Some sort of resource hog? A Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) program can cause problems. (Make sure your connection to the internet is NOT engaged while you're running - sometimes this will cause interruptions)
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply. I am not certain what a terminate and stay program is :/ but I don't think that was the source of the problems I was having. I actually found out from someone that the reason my vectorscope/waveform monitor/etc and my color correction changes weren't showing up was because I did not have "Render on the fly" checked under the "Special" menu. Once I turned it on, those things worked fine.

However, I am still not certain why my A1, A2, V1 track patches go missing. Render on the fly did not fix that problem. If anyone has any solution for this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!
Shakeitta McCord is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family