FYI: HD 100e/101/100u and Liquid version 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old November 4th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #1
Trustee

FYI: HD 100e/101/100u and Liquid version 7

Hi,

Liquid 7 (due mid Novmenber '05) will support the PAL versions of the HD-100e and HD-101 with capture edit/fuse and export 720p25. So our PAL buds will get an nice end to end native solution for the ProHD cameras. NTSC boys are relegated to 720p30 end to end. (Why can't we all be on PAL and Metric?)

Points of interest:

HD monitoring to SD (via composite, Y/C, or component) out of the existing Liquid 6 pro BOB and HD monitoring out of the Y/C or composite to SD monitor via the MovieBox Deluxe. Also dual head video cards that have DVI output can display HDTV directly from the timeline via DVI out on the second head. So you have the best of every monitoring situation (SD and HD), conveniently.

XDCam and P2 ingest are now supported on the lowest end software install as well as added 422 codecs (DVCPro50, MPEG2 I Frame, 2VUY and RGB-AVI). HDV1 and HDV2 are fully supported (in every iteration) on the timeline but as I wrote above, capture is relegated to 720p30, 720p25, 480p, 1080i60, 1080i50 and 720p60 (without pulldown for 24p). Avids statement on 24p end to end for Liquid is (paraphrased) "XpressPro for 24p". It's really the one difference between Liquid and XrpressPro. They may just keep it that way?

One more tidbit, the FAST team has integrated Commotion into Liquid now so you truely can stay within Liquid exclusively and get all of your editing done in a single interface for FX as well as 5.1 surround (with Direct Sound and ASIO2 supported).

I personally have been testing Liquid 7 with the GY-HD100U for a few weeks now and the workflow is smooth for 720p30 as well as 1080i (for the Z1 and the XL-H1).

Any questions, let me know.

best,
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Stephen,

yes just one question. Within the multiformat editing on the same timeline is there as well 1080i and 720p to use Sony and JVC material in one project?

Markus
Old November 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #3
Trustee

Yes, you can, however there is an aspect difference as well as interlaced vs. progressive that would require a render to either cut fields from the 1080i material or interlace the 720p material. In this case going from 720p to 1080i is easier because the material looks better. Nevertheless, yes I have done it and it does work. And it is as quick as the horsepower of your PC so if you have a modern PCIe with a powerful X850 and powerful processor (or twin processor), you will have great joy.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 06:32 AM   #4
Regular Crew

720p25

Have by any chance tried 720P25, please if you can do a quick shoot and batch capture, and post your feedback.
Thanks in advance ANTICIPATING
Yusuf Thakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #5
Major Player

I just want to clarrify that the whole of Commotion is not actually included in Liquid, it is many of the After Effects plug ins (filters) that came with Commotion that are now in Liquid.

Unfortunately we have not yet got the rotoscope and motion tracking abilities of Commotion/Commotion Pro yet. We can only hope for the future.

There are really only two major NLE features Liquid lacks now. DVCProHD and 24p I/O. Personally I wouldn't count either out as future additions.
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:48 AM   #6
Regular Crew

no capture, but yes editing?

Culd someone tell me if the liquid 7 edits 24p? if the answer is yes, how could i capture the 24p sony hdv footage with a liquid pro 7 dual core PC?

Pinnacle Knowledge Base
"We have no end to end 24P workflow at this point. The 24P setting will edit in 24P if you can get the material from another source. What we can’t do is capture in 24P. There are no pulldown insertion or removal tools. This is a feature request for a future release of Liquid Edition"
Luis Ignacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 04:49 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Ignacio
Culd someone tell me if the liquid 7 edits 24p? if the answer is yes, how could i capture the 24p sony hdv footage with a liquid pro 7 dual core PC?

Pinnacle Knowledge Base
"We have no end to end 24P workflow at this point. The 24P setting will edit in 24P if you can get the material from another source. What we can’t do is capture in 24P. There are no pulldown insertion or removal tools. This is a feature request for a future release of Liquid Edition"
Yes, it captures, edits and dumps back to tape in 24p. End to end film workflow including 5.1 surround exported as elementary streams (PCM).
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family