Best practice for Avid export at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old June 18th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best practice for Avid export

Hi, I've been struggling with finding a best practice for exporting from Avid with the intention of squeezing in Sorensen Squeeze and authoring in DVD Studio Pro.

I've tried exporting as a QT ref. and then squeezing using the DVD_PAL_Lg. setting.

I'm assuming that QT ref. exports with interlacing, as this is visible on a still frame in the Sorensen (but when I play it it looks fine).

However when I import the squeezed file into DVD Studio Pro the interlacing is mental. It is so extreme that it gives me a head ache watching it.

(I've tried loads of different squeeze settings without different results)

I just want to know how do I export from Avid, squeeze and author without getting a crazy interlacing effect.

Please help, it's driving me mad.

Thanks

Alex
Alex Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

hi, alex

assuming that you're talking about dv. I always use that process. avid-»QT ref-»squeeze with DVD_PAL_Lg. and then i use nero to create the dvd.
In avid do you use the default settings, or change it?
Pedro Martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Is your field encoding set for TOP FIELD FIRST? I work in NTSC, and I know it's bottom field first, but I'm not sure about PAL. Try setting it as Top Field and see what you get.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family