Movies so bad, that they're actually..... good? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old May 9th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #16
Air China Pilot

You know Battle Beyond the Stars was one of James Cameron's big breaks.
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Okay... I forgot one.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Back in 1978-79, when I was at art school in Denver, a group of us would make the weekend trip to the Ogden Theater in downtown Denver. I think I saw it at least 20 times!
Linda Schodowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #18
Regular Crew

how bout ones like Speed or the Rock? ones that youll watch because its on tv and you have nothing better to do.

thanks to keith for pointing out Troma. One movie they did that definatly DOES NOT fit in this topic is Cannible The Musical! One of the best movies of all times. Trey Parker and Matt Stone shot it in film school for something like $150K.
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:25 PM   #19
Major Player

LOL

Yes!

Rocky Horror and Battle Beyond the Stars! I love them both!

NAVY SEALS
Terminal Velocity
Major League

I swear this isnt a Sheen thing! I just thought of one after another.
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #20
Air China Pilot

Mario Bros

Super Mario Brothers .. I didn't think it was that bad. It was just crazy and senseless. That doesn't make it bad in my book.
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #21
Wrangler

The latest 3D movie about those Kids. So bad I've tried and succeeded in forgetting the title.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 11:20 AM   #22
Major Player

Okay, Im not sure if this falls under the "its actually good" category; my wife ordered a pizza and apparently (papa johns) is giving out free DVD's with the order. She picked Wekkend at Bernies.

I was 19 when this came out. I watched it again and actually laughed. Maybe its nostalgia?
Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:42 PM   #23
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Here are my three:

Disco Beaver from Outer Space
(National Lampoon film about a huge alien beaver--looking exactly like a big guy in a brown shag carpet suit. Actually a TV parody.)

The Brother from Another Planet
(another alien movie with a Harlem twist)

Lair of the White Worm
(Dune meets Dragonslayer--one of Hugh Grant's and Amanda Donohoe's first films)
Old May 23rd, 2004, 05:34 PM   #24
Contributor

For many years Ed Wood ruled in this area. However, I think he was outclassed when Kevin Costner did "Waterworld." But then even Kevin fell down a notch when "Battlefield Earth" came out. Sorta made me wonder what "Plan 9 From Outer Space" would have been like if Ed had had a $200 million budget like those other guys.
Also, the Science Fiction Channel sure does run some bombs these days--anything involving killer snakes, rats, ants, spiders, roaches, etc. They're all legitimate feature length movies, but probably never released until somebody at SciFi figured out they had more hours in a 24 hour day 365 days a year than they did available films.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #25
Regular Crew

One of the worst I've ever seen was "A Polish Vampire in Burbank." Many moons ago, USA ran that one on their Up All Night show. I think it was shot on Beta. A good bad movie.
Jeremiah Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #26
Contributor

Oh man, with a title like that, you'd have to watch it. My favorite all time bad movie title, which somebody mentioned earlier in this thread, is "Disco Beaver from Outer Space."

The SciFi channel did it again last night as I was channel surfing...one called "Mosquito." I watched the really bad acting and horrendous dialog for a few minutes, until they cut to the giant mosquitoes hovering outside the boarded up windows...it looked like a big stuffed mosquito that the gaffers were dangling from strings. Sort of reminded me of Ed Wood's paper plate flying saucers on strings.

All those strange bug attack movies seem to have a scene where they try to board up the windows in a shack, but the damn bugs always get through. I think the last mutant bug well done movie was "Them." That was in the '50's, and I saw a restored print a couple of years ago. It was still better than the newer crap they've been showing on the SciFi channel (if you can tune in at a time when they're not showing "Stargate" back to back for hours. I've about given up on them, but they're still good for a bad movie laugh on occasion.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #27
Wrangler

Don't forget, "It Came From Outer-Space!"

And "Dune."
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #28
Contributor

"Dune" the David Lynch or "Dune" the SF Channel series? I hate to admit it in public, but I kinda liked the series...it was like rereading the books after 20 years.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #29
Major Player

Valley Girl!

I love this film and had the mad crush on Deborah Foreman. Dude. I was like 13.
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:02 AM   #30
Major Player

"The Return of the Night of the Living Dead" was intended to be a bad movie and a spoof of that genre, just like the much lower-budget original. But, the actress who played the key role in that sequel, did a very good job and performed some noteworthy heroics. In the college lecture hall where I paid 50 cents to see it, she developed quite a dedicated cheering section. I wish I could remember her name, as I'd bet she did some other good things in her life.

Steve McDonald
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark