Movies so bad, that they're actually..... good? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 11:34 AM   #46
Contributor

I saw "The Day After Tomorrow" over the weekend. It's not quite in the same league as "Battlefield Earth"...but it's got to be right up there in the top 10. Good actors but bad acting. I guess they should get an A+, however, for following the Hollywood disaster film formula perfectly.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:39 PM   #47
Major Player

Ian

You are soo right! Those are GREAT choices (I love em too). The Prophecy always just did it for me.

What about "Day of the Animals"? Don't know if this was a telemovie or not but as a child I loved it.
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:07 AM   #48
Regular Crew

I don't think I've seen Day of the Animals, I'll have to check that out. Sounds like a Creature Double Feature flick though. As a kid I'd always spend my Saturdays watching super-crappy horror movies.

For instance: Gargoyles. The Incredible Melting Man (a classic techno-paranoia movie with horrid production values as a guy wanders around the country-side progressively turning into jello). Humanoids from the Deep and best yet Terrorvision. A goopy tentacled alien gets beamed through this families satellite dish. Awesomely bad.

Oh, and how about Razorback with Alice Cooper? Wild boar gorings. Neither scary nor good.

There was also that string of movies in the late seventies and early eighties that always followed the premise of scantily-clad woman suffers abuse from psychotically horny men then seeks horrible revenge on them while managing to be even more scantily clad as the movie goes on. Started by I Spit on Your Grave, which is a must see by the way. Spawned a bunch of copy cats whose names I don't really remember but probably fit into the category. There's definitely hints of I Spit on Your Grave in Kill Bill.
Ian Poirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:22 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Rad. The movie Rad. Another one is Mazes and Monsters, starring Tom Hanks. It's so 'good' my cousin and I rent it once a year and when we ask "Were we the last ones to rent it?" They always respond with a 'yes'. Heh. Its awful but we watch it every year ...
Its either 4 or 5 years now that no one else has rented it but us.
http://www.secondsection.com
Riley Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:38 AM   #50
Inner Circle

Riley,
If I hadn't lived in Salt Lake City during most of the '90s, I'd think you were one weird fella. :)
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark