Star Trek Enterprise cancelled, the end of Trek or beginning of endless fandom? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old March 7th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #46
Capt. Quirk

"But let's face, Scott Bakula was so much more interesting in Quantum Leap"

I have a harder time, trying to buy Quantum Leaps time travel, than any of Star Treks. I could just never buy him leaping into another person, anymore than I could buy Voyagers "Year in Hell", which never happened. I was quite the opposite, as I couldn't see him as a Starfleet captain, but ended up liking his character, sort of like Michael Keaton doing Batman...

As far as the movies go, I pretty much agree, that they were nothing but a half-assed attempt. The only motivation they had, was to milk any extra cash out of faithful fans, and it really shows. Even the old animated shows were better written.

Time for Paramount to roll over, and let REAL Trek folks take the reigns. And for the record, my oldest son is named James Tiberius, and my youngest son is named Benjamin Sisco, but only because the wife wouldn't go for M. Scott ;)
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #47
Slash Rules!

Hell yeah!

Star Trek: Ship Interns!

No, wait, follow me. . .

an entire episode about a young intern's journey as he discovers how to coil warp nacelle cable. . .and he discovers he's in love with the girl his best friend's dating.

It's sort of an OC/Dawson's Creek etc. meets Star Trek. No, really, it'll work. It'll have to go to the WB, of course. You'll all hate it. So will I.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:39 PM   #48
Trustee

I think Keith just won the award for the most devoted Trek fan on this board. Bar none.

Hey - how about a Project Greenlight where they do a Star Trek episode? They're doing a horror film this time around - why not sci-fi the next time! And then we can laugh at and ridicule the poor shlep they sucker into doing it and we can all laugh together like mini Qs, reveling in the frailty of the puny humans trying to make their silly corporeal film.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #49
Slash Rules!

Keith . . .biggest fan?

But I met Data! For real!
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:10 PM   #50
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : Keith . . .biggest fan?

But I met Data! For real! -->>>

But Keith might BE Data!
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #51
Slash Rules!

Dear God. . .that would be so sad. Brent spiner spending all his time on a DV forum. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #52
Capt. Quirk

PLEASE don't insult me like that! I want nothing to do with TNG!
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #53
Slash Rules!

TNG rules.
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #54
Trustee

wahddya think of a star trek trilogy?
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #55
Slash Rules!

Man oh man. . .that's a hurculean task. Three movies that are somehow better and more exciting than any movie or episode of any of the series that have previous come before? Very tough.

Which crew would it be? Or would it be all previously unseen characters? Too much to think about.

A few things:

Definitely should be shot on miniDV
-Dogme style
-entirely improvised dialogue (a la Curb your Enthusiasm).
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:30 PM   #56
Trustee

i think it can be done =). it's all about the story though no matter which crew. all of the crew can have compelling stories if done correctly. like i said in everyone's heart they really wanted to see a better set of films from the TNG crew than what's out there now. i don't consider nemesis a "send off" because TNG never "got off" to begin with in star trek generations. their finest hour came in All Good Things... series finale. i can still remember picard sitting down in the poker card table looking around saying, "i should have done this a long time ago". that was awesome. then an overhead crane shot. =). if the series ended there and they never did any films i would have been OK if i died. but they made films based on the TNG crew... so i'd like to see an enormously fulfilling TNG film.

but getting back on topic, SpikeTV has already said that quote was taken out of context (of course). it looks like this is reallyt he last/final season of enterprise after all.
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #57
Slash Rules!

You just wait. The franchise will be reincarnated on the WB as the teen show

Trek High
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #58
Wrangler

Maybe it will be re-incarnated as a reality show?

- Trading Spaces, giving it a whole new twist.
- Queer Eye for the Star Trek guy.
- Iron Chef / Star Trek would be fun, as long as they had some Klingons cooking, though the replicators would make it boring.
- Charlie Rose, with Data as the interviewer. Or even better, have Worf as the interviewer ... interviewing Data.

I guess, technically, these would be alternate reality shows.

Geez, I'm going through Star Trek withdrawals ...
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #59
Air China Pilot

They should seriously look at the more innovative shows that have come out since the ST:NG and see if they can apply them to the new Trek:

24:
"My name is Jonathan Archer and this is the worst day of my life.

Bup-BEEP bup-BEEP"

Lost:
"I dunno, Dude. Something's on the other side of that forcefield and it's a giant giraffe or a horta or something."

Deadwood:
"Listen you pustilanimous cocksucking rideheaded heathen. Shake that there pecker in my face again and I'll transport your left breast into that asteroid."

The Shield:
"Hey. Take some of that dilithium and stash it. We don't have to tell Starfleet we're keeping some for street value. They'd just make us fill out a lot of paperwork. Oh yeah, see that Ferengi? Kill him."
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #60
Trustee

How about a Star Trek comedy?! It would be great if done in the style of Scrubs.

Harry Mudd, Q, Weyoun, the Lizard Captain who almost killed Kirk, Zephram Cochrane and the female dust cloud he falls in love with on the asteroid, and a small spaceship with the usual voice of Majel Barret all get thrown back in time by an uber-powerful entity from the Gamma Quadrant and they must all work together to get back - back to the future!
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark