DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Sean Skube March 18th, 2008 09:57 AM

I just watched that movie, that's how I knew it.

Here's an easy one.

Character 1 "Look at me! I was gonna be a stand-up comedian! Who's gonna laugh now?"
Character 2 "Some of the best jokes are about cripples. Let's go."

Kelly Goden March 18th, 2008 12:36 PM

Planet Terror-Grindhouse.
I just rewatched it the other day--I was going to USE that quote!

:)

Now i have to search for one...

Sean Skube March 18th, 2008 12:38 PM

Sorry to steal your pre-clue. :) your turn!

Kelly Goden March 18th, 2008 12:44 PM

That probably was my favorite flick(the Planet Terror part) from last year. I havent laughed out loud at a movie in a long time.
Here's an oldie but a goodie:

"Well, first off, I'm goin' to a Turkish bath and I'm gonna sweat and soak till I get all the grime and dirt out of my system. Then I'm goin' to a haberdasher's and I'm gonna get myself a brand new set of duds...a dozen of everything. Then, I'm goin' to a swell cafe - order everything on the bill of fare, and if it ain't just right, or maybe even if it is, I'm gonna bawl the waiter out and make him take the whole thing back..."

Kelly Goden March 19th, 2008 11:45 AM

"Say, mister. Will you stake a fellow American to a meal?"

"Such impudence never came my way. Early this afternoon I gave you money... while I was having my shoes polished I gave you MORE money... now you put the bite on me again. Do me a favor, will you? Go occasionally to somebody else - it's beginning to get tiresome."

"Ah, excuse me, mister, I never knowed it was you. I never looked at your face - I just looked at your hands and the money you gave me. Beg pardon, mister, I promise I'll never put the bite on you again."

"This is the very last you get from me. Just to make sure you don't forget your promise, here's another peso."

"Thanks, mister. Thanks."

"But from now on, you'll have to make your way through life without my assistance."

Sean Skube March 19th, 2008 02:27 PM

wow. you got me stumped. I was thinking Oliver Twist for some reason, but I think the peso part would rule that out.

Kelly Goden March 19th, 2008 02:53 PM

I could give it away with the most famous quote from it.

Here are the lines that come right before the famous one:

"We are Federales. You know, the mounted police."

"If you're the police, where are your badges?"

Matt Buys March 19th, 2008 05:45 PM

That's big Humphrey. Treasure of the Sierra Madre. I think most of those first lines are taken right out of B Traven's book. A great read BTW. Traven was on the set but I remember hearing that he never wanted to be identified. Just stood in the shadows.

Kelly Goden March 19th, 2008 06:27 PM

Yep
You got it.

Fred C Dobbs dont say nothin' he dont mean.

I have been meaning to read the book and compare.

Matt Buys March 20th, 2008 05:38 AM

I just put Treasure of the Sierra Madre on my netflix list. What a great movie. About twenty years ago in El Salvador I had no money. No passport. No food. Etc., Had to beg to get back into Honduras where I had friends. And I remember watching Sierra Madre a year later and although I'd watched it before I realized I hadn't seen it all until I'd been down on my luck.

Okay, here's a penultimate line that leads to one of movie history's most famous.

"It's for your own good."

"Captain, I wish you weren't so good to me."

Matt Buys March 21st, 2008 11:10 AM

Okay, the next line should do it.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Sean Skube March 21st, 2008 11:12 AM

Cool Hand Luke

Casey Krugman March 23rd, 2008 10:15 AM

Or...

The Guns & Roses song Civil War... heheheh

Chris Hurd March 23rd, 2008 10:47 AM

C'mon Sean, keep it going -- it's your turn man!

Sean Skube March 24th, 2008 08:27 AM

Sorry. It was the weekend. :)

Ok, how about this one.

"You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city."
"Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!"
"Like who?"
"Farmers."
"Who else?"
"Farmers' mums."