DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Jonathan Jones May 23rd, 2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 882412)
Jon, I’ve decided you are the ONLY person on DV Info who has seen this movie—or will own up to it—so more quotes might not help at this point. Give us some trivia, big guy! :)

Okay, but let it be known from this day forward that y'all cried "uncle".

lol

Since I'm going to be out most of the weekend, so I'm going to give you three clues in the hopes that the conch gets handed over before I retire for the night;

1.) I have seen this movie many times because it is one of my daughter's favorites. She has watched it with regularity for over 2 years. My daughter is now 5 years old, and like the central character of the movie, she also has red hair.

2.) Unlike the long-running print versions that inspired this movie, the cinematic versions of the characters were given eyeballs.

3.) It is a musical.

While it is true that I specifically chose scenes and quotes that are hard to search and do not overtly define the context of the movie in question, if no one can guess correctly by now, my next clue will be the answer.

-Jon

Lorinda Norton May 24th, 2008 01:33 AM

*cue music* "The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!"
(I'm assuming they included that song in the movie.)

Annie

Jonathan Jones May 24th, 2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 882434)
*cue music* "The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!"
(I'm assuming they included that song in the movie.)

Annie

Indeed, "Annie" it is.

And it is your turn at bat.

-Jon

Lorinda Norton May 24th, 2008 12:09 PM

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, Jon. :)

In honor of veterans...here's a quote from one of my favorite movies of all time:

Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap.

Mike Teutsch May 24th, 2008 02:13 PM

My dear Lorinda,

Sounds like "Patton" to me. I know you join me in saluting our troops on the Memorial Day weekend!

Mike

Lorinda Norton May 24th, 2008 02:16 PM

Yes, I do, and yes, you're right about the quote/movie. Take it, Mike! :)

Mike Teutsch May 24th, 2008 02:23 PM

Thank you and staying in the same vein;

"Wait a minute. You aren't seriously suggesting that if I get through the wire... and case everything out there... and don't get picked up... to turn myself in and get thrown back in the cooler for a couple of months so you can get the information you need?"

Mike

Hugh DiMauro May 24th, 2008 02:55 PM

My Gosh! The "Cooler King" himself! Steve McQueen as Virgil Hilts in "The Great Escape!"

Mike Teutsch May 24th, 2008 03:54 PM

Over the fence and a perfect landing! Great job, batter up!

Mike

Hugh DiMauro May 24th, 2008 04:51 PM

Here Goes!

I apologize for this original post's vulgarity. The chosen movie scene was in bad taste and if it offended anybody's sensibilities I sincerely apologize. That won't happen again.

Now for a "G" rated quote:

“Mr. Becket I’m glad you’re here! I’ve got the real scoop! I’ve got the pictures and everything!”

“I’ve been trying to get the story from Walter Cronkite here but he just won’t give.”

“What’s this all about?”

“I don’t know, he’s so keyed up!”

“Will somebody listen to me?”

“Alright Luther now just calm down!”

“Calm?! Calm?! Do murder and calm go together? Calm and murder? Murder?”

Mathieu Ghekiere May 24th, 2008 07:24 PM

Catch me if you can?

Hugh DiMauro May 25th, 2008 03:11 AM

By the way Mathieu, that was incorrect!

Josh Chesarek May 25th, 2008 05:57 AM

Broadcast News? Really just a guess as I have seen that movie only once a long time ago.

Hugh DiMauro May 25th, 2008 01:16 PM

No, I am sorry Josh. Not Broadcast News.

Lorinda Norton May 25th, 2008 08:14 PM

Atta boy, Luther! :)

My pal Hugh and I have laughed about this goofy but great movie in the past so I wanted to lay out and give someone else a crack at it. But, since no one has come around in a while and I have another quote handy, the film is

"The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" with the one and only Don Knotts.

Thanks for the kinder, gentler quote, Hugh. It was great. :)

OK, here's from one I just revisited a couple nights ago. It's so easy that I'm hoping for not only the name of the movie, but the response to the question!

“Your Majesty, stop me if I’m wrong but…wasn’t your mole…on the other side?”