DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Kelly Goden May 20th, 2008 09:10 AM

Hudson Hawk?

Wait
it must be.
Ok well unless there is another HH movie with Bruce Willis in 91,
here's a new one:

"Three men's gonna cost you a grand. I know that's not chicken feed but you dont want to go with less than three. its better to over do it."

Josh Chesarek May 20th, 2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Goden (Post 880470)
Hudson Hawk?

Wait
it must be.
Ok well unless there is another HH movie with Bruce Willis in 91,
here's a new one:

"Three men's gonna cost you a grand. I know that's not chicken feed but you dont want to go with less than three. its better to over do it."

Yep Hudson Hawk. Was watching it on Netflix when I came up with the quote.

Kelly Goden May 20th, 2008 10:51 AM

I've never seen it but I remember it as a big budget flop.

I will throw in this extra quote from the movie I mentioned as its one of my favorites from it:

"I'm better than you all! I can out learn you. I can out read you. I can out think you, and I can out philosophize you. And I am going to out last you. I am like God and God like me. I am as large as God, he is as small as I. He can not above me nor I beneath him be! Silesius. 17th Century."

Jonathan Jones May 20th, 2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Goden (Post 880530)
I will throw in this extra quote from the movie I mentioned as its one of my favorites from it:

"I'm better than you all! I can out learn you. I can out read you. I can out think you, and I can out philosophize you. And I am going to out last you. I am like God and God like me. I am as large as God, he is as small as I. He can not above me nor I beneath him be! Silesius. 17th Century."

I don't even have to give this one a second thought. A very creepy performance by DeNiro in "Cape Fear" the remake.

BTW: Your first posted quote referenced the scene in which Joe Don Baker was trying to hire someone to rough DeNiro up - which was attempted in a parking lot at night while Nick Nolte hid behind a dumpster.

BTW-2 : I liked the clever way in which they cast Mitchum in a supporting role as an homage to his performance in the original "Cape Fear"

This movie was filled with a lot of creepiness.

-Jon

Jonathan Jones May 20th, 2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek (Post 880506)
Yep Hudson Hawk. Was watching it on Netflix when I came up with the quote.

Oh dear me.... that would imply that you actually chose to watch it, selected it out of a vast lineup of titles, and paid for the honor of being the latest victim to this most embarrassing assault on the quality and integrity of comedic action films.

My condolences.

(Okay, that was probably a bit harsh - there is a small army of HH fans out there who loved this film and its quirky sense of humor. Personally, I hated it.)

-Jon

Kelly Goden May 20th, 2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones (Post 880697)
BTW-2 : I liked the clever way in which they cast Mitchum in a supporting role as an homage to his performance in the original "Cape Fear"

This movie was filled with a lot of creepiness.

-Jon

**yes it was a nice twist how they had Mitchum helping Nolte and Peck helping De Niro.

It's all yours.

Josh Chesarek May 20th, 2008 09:32 PM

Yeah I know the movie got panned but for some reason it gives me a chuckle while Im waiting for things to render and what not :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones (Post 880700)
Oh dear me.... that would imply that you actually chose to watch it, selected it out of a vast lineup of titles, and paid for the honor of being the latest victim to this most embarrassing assault on the quality and integrity of comedic action films.

My condolences.

(Okay, that was probably a bit harsh - there is a small army of HH fans out there who loved this film and its quirky sense of humor. Personally, I hated it.)

-Jon

Jonathan Jones May 21st, 2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Goden (Post 880753)
**yes it was a nice twist how they had Mitchum helping Nolte and Peck helping De Niro.

It's all yours.

Oh yeah, that's right. I completely forgot that Peck was in the remake also.

I'll have a new quote posted in the morning.

-Jon

Jonathan Jones May 21st, 2008 04:06 PM

Character 1: "Go BACK to BED..... NOW..... or you'll have ME to deal with."

Character 2: "Ahh, blow it out yer ol' wazoo."

-Jon

Jonathan Jones May 22nd, 2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones (Post 881271)
Character 1: "Go BACK to BED..... NOW..... or you'll have ME to deal with."

Character 2: "Ahh, blow it out yer ol' wazoo."

-Jon

I wonder how long it will take to guess this one. I realize, of course, that I have presented a dilemma:

I suppose someone could either:

a.) cheat by Googling the quote (in which case, shame on you)

or

b.) guess it from memory, and thereby admitting that you have the dialogue from this "charming and timeless classic" memorized by heart (in which case.....I just don't know what to say, tough guy.)

-Jon

Casey Krugman May 22nd, 2008 10:02 AM

could it be...

Christmas story? Stretch i know... but what the hay

Josh Chesarek May 22nd, 2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Krugman (Post 881604)

That movie rocks but I don't remember that line.

Jonathan Jones May 22nd, 2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Krugman (Post 881604)

That's a great movie - but an incorrect guess. Sorry.

When I put the quotes around "charming and timeless classic", I was being a little facetious from my personal perspective - although there are many folks who would consider the movie I posted a timeless classic, and many others who would not.

I will probably post another clue/quote later this evening, if needed.

-Jon

Jonathan Jones May 23rd, 2008 05:50 PM

Doggone it. Now look at what y'all gone and made me do. I had to watch it again to find another quote that is at least somewhat of a challenge:

Different scene, different character.

"Hold it, sister. Are you peddlin' beauty products? Cuz I don't need no beauty products. If that's what your doing you can just peddle yourself right on outta here, sweetie."

-Jon

Lorinda Norton May 23rd, 2008 11:12 PM

Jon, I’ve decided you are the ONLY person on DV Info who has seen this movie—or will own up to it—so more quotes might not help at this point. Give us some trivia, big guy! :)