The Movie Quote Game - Page 84 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:42 AM   #1246
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
"Goodfellas" ?

-Jon
No, but a good try. You are in the right area.
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #1247
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
No, but a good try. You are in the right area.
Is it "The Godfather Part II" ?

-Jon
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #1248
Major Player

Nope. Here is another hint.

Son: What ya cooking ma?
Mom: Beer
Son: Oh.. with Noodles!

Was a movie in the 80's
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #1249
Trustee

Is it "Wiseguys" with Piscopo and DeVito?

-Jon
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #1250
Major Player

Quote:
Is it "Wiseguys" with Piscopo and DeVito?

-Jon

Nope, Think Comedy/Parody Of Ganster Mob

*Hello from Bistol UK Airport.... Flight delayed for 30 minutes... I hope that is all...
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #1251
Trustee

"Married to the Mob" ?

-Jon
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #1252
Trustee

or maybe "Johnny Dangerously" ?

-Jon
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #1253
Major Player

Quote:
or maybe "Johnny Dangerously" ?

-Jon
I figured that would do it ;)

"I know what you could't say... You want to hump your brains out! Vavoom Vavoom Vavoom!"

Tiss your turn!
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:40 AM   #1254
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
I figured that would do it ;)
I'll even go one further with a note about how screwed up my mind works with these old movies.

"What is that" you ask?

#3286 was the stock number for the VHS copy of "Johnny Dangerously" in the video rental store I worked at in the 80s. I memorized the stock numbers of hundreds of the movies (occupational hazard) and 20 years later, whenever a movie title that we stocked comes up in conversation, I tend to blurt out the stock number before I even realize it.

Yeah, I suffer from intermittent OCD issues.

Now here is a quote from stock number #3245.

"Give me the amulet, you b**ch!"

(Note: the '**' word is edited for content to keep the post 'clean'. This is not considered one of the more notable quotes from the film, but certainly a slightly controversial one considering the person to whom the character was speaking.)

-Jon
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #1255
Trustee

I rambled and strayed in the previous post. Let me try again by just posting the new quote and relevant info:

"Give me the amulet, you b**ch!"

(Note: the '**' word is edited for content to keep the post 'clean'. This is not considered one of the more notable quotes from the film, but certainly a slightly controversial one considering the person to whom the character was speaking.)

-Jon
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #1256
Major Player

I assume its the Monster Squad? "My name...is Horace!"

Dracula talking to a little girl.

They dont make Draculas like they used to.

I only recall Duncan Regeher from V, but he did a decent enough Dracula.
Fast forward to Van Helsing and Blade 3. Possibly the worst Draculas ever on screen.
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #1257
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Goden View Post
I assume its the Monster Squad? "My name...is Horace!"

Dracula talking to a little girl.
Ding Ding Ding. "The Monster Squad" it is.

I guess the line "Wolfman's got nards" was probably the most marketable of the movie's quotes, but the amulet quote spoken by Dracula was most impressive, I think, for its shock value.

This was a movie that suffered from lack of a specific target audience. It was necessarily scary enough to be a bona-fide horror film although there were some very good scary images.

It wasn't really a comedy although there were a lot of points where the dialogue was intended to get a laugh from the audience.

It wasn't really a goonie-style kids movie even though it is centered around kids who save the world.

Even the use of language and gore effects prevented it from being accepted as family fare in the 1980s - although probably more acceptable as family fare today.

The amulet line was very effective for two reasons. Up to that point, the dracula character wasn't REALLY all that terrifying. But when he picked up the five year old girl by the throat and screamed that line in her face, it felt kinda horrifying. According to the DVD extras, Duncan generally didn't wear his fake teeth or red eye contacts on set when the little girl was around because he didn't want to scare her. In order to get a genuinely frightened reaction from her for this scene, it was the first time she would see him in full makeup. So when he hissed at her, her scream was genuine and it was a one-take scene.

Anyway, good job Kelly. Your turn.

-Jon
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #1258
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Goden View Post
Fast forward to Van Helsing and Blade 3. Possibly the worst Draculas ever on screen.
Indeed. Count Chocula from the cereal box was significantly more terrifying than either of those two clowns. IMHO.

-Jon
Old April 26th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #1259
Major Player

I havent seen it since the 80s but certain things stick out. Frankenstein in the clubhouse, the Gillman, I forgot that Wolfman line. lol

Its really hard to do those old Universal monsters without thinking of Lugosi Karloff, Cheney. BTW I have heard that Del Toro is thinking about doing a Hell Boy vs Universal Monsters movie-and he wants to use the original designs and possibly cg.

Van Helsing's Dracula was bad bad bad--but for a few seconds at the start i could see that he was trying to do a Lugosi impression.
But Blade 3.
WOW.
What were they thinking. And the scene where Dracula runs away from Blade like he was a street pimp.
It may be Dracula's lowest moment.

Anyway
this may not be easy so I will throw in one hint--Charlton Heston is not in it. ;)

"Eat recycled food. Recycled food is good for the environment and 'ok' for you."
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #1260
Major Player

Another quote from it:

Two other convicts figured out that the city heating vent gushes solid flame every 30 seconds. They realized, if they timed it right, they could run down the pipeline to an opening inside the city.

So, these two other guys, they made it, right?

Actually, they were roasted. But the theory's a sound one.
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark