ATEM TV Studio + Hyperdeck Mini + ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 1st, 2019, 04:40 AM   #1
Major Player

ATEM TV Studio + Hyperdeck Mini + ?

Hi folks. Filming conference on-stage content coming up on October 7th and 8th and doing my usual one man show thing (1 camera shoots a wide of the stage, one camera is the medium of speaker, and my Black Magic Video Assist captures the slide feed) however I'm planning on trying to take it to the next level and live edit as well. I realize this will be a little challenging, but lets ignore that for the sake of the following question.

I'll be using a ATEM Television Studio -> Blackmagic Hyperdeck Mini Shuttle setup. Just bought the Mini-Shuttle, extra sd cards and SDI cables, etc. so I'm about totally maxed out on my disposable equipment budget. But I'm curious if there's anything cheap or basic I should add to make my setup easier. Or just procedurally.
Currently I plan to just be hand switching from Camera 1 to Camera 2 and vice versa via the buttons on the front of the ATEM Television. There's no fades, or key or anything necessary. Just cut to cam 1 and back to cam 2, etc... Should I maybe try add some kind of alternate cheap controller option , or maybe try to cut via my laptop instead? Any opinions?

I'm currently in London now so I haven't been able to test my setup by hand yet (I'm based in the US and back Wednesday evening). So I was thinking with the knowledge of folks here I could potentially get a little jumpstart on approach.
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle