Blu-ray from DVCPRO HD - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #16
Go Go Godzilla

The original post was about the viability of BR, not every conceivable method for showing HD content, you're now talking about 2 completely different issues.

If your concerns are about how well *you* can encode and author content for BR we've addressed that, but if you're simply looking for alternatives to optical-media delivery methods that's an entirely different discussion.

Again, this thread needs to be moved to an appropriate category as it's got nothing to do with DVCPRO-HD.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Donnell View Post
I'm beginning to rethink my lack of enthusiasm for Blu-ray, so I would like someone to offer to sell me a high-quality Blu-ray disc that they have authored from DVCPRO HD using Blu-ray software that costs less than $ 1000, preferably from 720 p video. I'll pre-pay for the disc and the shipping, and will test it at a Best Buy store to see how it looks compared to DVCPRO HD recorded on my camera and played back via the component out jack.

Mark send me your address. Most of my work is rendered out to Blu-Ray using Sony DVD ARCH. 5.0a I am shooting with a Sony EX1 1280 72060p and 1080 24p mode. I render a work print on each project to check audio and edit mistakes, this disc are usually trashed.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes View Post
Mark send me your address. Most of my work is rendered out to Blu-Ray using Sony DVD ARCH. 5.0a I am shooting with a Sony EX1 1280 72060p and 1080 24p mode. I render a work print on each project to check audio and edit mistakes, this disc are usually trashed.

Also if you can render out to HDV format mt2 the native files will play on a Play Station 2 on a DVD-R most of the Frys Electronics have play station hook to the High Def LCD displays for demo.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #19
Major Player

Brian - thanks a lot. I really would be interested to see how 720p60 looks on Blu-ray, and there is no hurry so when you get a chance ... My E-mail is wtchdrmd@gmail.com - I'm an anesthesiologist, hence the "witchdoctor". If you ever need anything medical ... Actually, I will be in Houston on Friday, Feb 27th and again on Friday, March 6th. I'll buy you dinner somewhere on one of those nights if it works in to your schedule (Mar 6th may be better for me, but either is possible).

Last edited by Mark Donnell; February 17th, 2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: addition
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring