New Firmware - Is it coming? If so, when? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old November 17th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: New Firmware - Is it coming? If so, when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Joy View Post

Sorry to be pessimistic but I had a devils advocate moment!
Nothing to be sorry about. I hate to admit it, but everything you say sounds reasonable.
But even if nothing happens firmwarewise i'm planing on using the C300 more than just one year :-)

Cheers
Clemens Sauerwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #17
New Boot

Bump :-)
Does anyone have any new chitchat concerning a firmware-update for the c300?
Clemens Sauerwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:09 AM   #18

Is there a firmware to add 1080 50p to C300 somewhere? Please advise!
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:02 PM   #19
Trustee

OK - what if someone from Canon told you today - NO NEW FEATURES in the C100 & C300 cameras, bug fixes only.......

What then?

I've had more Canon cameras than I care to count (or would want my wife counting the cost of!), and the only ones that ever got any real upgrades were the 5D2 (added 24[/25p which is what finally made it useful to me - but not 50p!) and the 7D recent updates (what ever they were - I'd already sold my 7D so took no notice).

None of the other Canon cameras I've owned, be it stills or video ever had 'new features' added.

Now, there is an argument that goes along the lines of ......the early cameras were being superseded so quickly by the next model (every 12-18 months max) that they just put the new features in the new models to make you buy them, but now the cycle is 3+ years so they have to keep competitive.

In reality, unless something is really going to be a show stopper, something that means you will absolutely buy the competitor's product over this one every time, why should they give you something that wasn't there before you decided to buy it?

We all love free upgrade and we've got so used to it because 'it's only software', but realistically, don't bet the farm on upgrades coming. You may just lose the farm.

As ever, anyone who knows can't say (NDAs), and any one who 'says' doesn't really 'know'.
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM   #20
Major Player

Well w do know that Canon will be adding Auto-focus via firmware to the C100 for STM lenses. That will be a "added feature". Sony has been great adding features to it's F-series cameras and even Panasonic has done so. I could see Canon doing so as well but how much more then auto-focus for the C100? I have no clue. What about the C300? One would hope something could be added but 1080/60P isn't a Mpeg2 format. But 1080/60P is AVCHD 2.0 which Canon could do. We'll have to wait and see.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems