Strange C300 Codec issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Strange C300 Codec issue

I am testing my camera for a shoot today and all went well until I took a test clip to Final Cut 7.0.3. I am running firmware 1.0.8.0.1 on the camera. Set at 50Mb/s 1080p.

I have shot this for all of my clips and this is the first time this has happen. Upload the clip and then go to put it on a XDCAM 422 50Mb/s timeline and it says the clips is ProRes and has to transcode.There is a MXF files on the card and the card was just formatted in the camera.

Thoughts?
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Strange C300 Codec issue

Found it:

When I go to my Log and Transfer preferences there is no Native option anymore. Now where did that go? Only ProRes 422 P2, and AVCHD. Yikes
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Strange C300 Codec issue

OK I found it. Feel silly now but will keep it up in case anyone else has the same problem.

When in Log and Transfer preferences there are two dots off to the right. If you click on those dots it gives you the option under XF Mpeg2 to go Native. So now I am back to where I was on XDCAM 422 50Mb/s 29.97. Still don't know how it changes but then again it is Final Cut.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems