Custom Eyecup for the C100 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 25th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #61
Regular Crew

Re: Custom Eyecup for the C100

Got mine in yesterday and was able to use it on a wedding shoot.... actually makes the C100 viable outdoors and works great as an additional point of contact!
Old May 25th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #62
Inner Circle

Great to read these initial reports. Mine is en-route to the UK and I hope to have it very soon. Sounds like Andrew did a first class job - but I was always sure of that by the way he approached the whole project and how he kept us regularly updated/stayed focus on meeting his stated targets.

And then of course there was THAT video... See post #41...but that was the only time I got a little worried!!!

Only joking ;-)
Old May 25th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #63
Inner Circle

It has completely replaced my Z-Finder. And, better still, it is always on the camera.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 02:07 AM   #64
Major Player

Mine is also enroute just in time to help in these sunnier days. How are you folk finding the EVF for focusing and exposure?

Tbh I've been depending in the LCD with a petrol sun shade on bright days but it's a struggle focusing. So I'm looking forward to trying Andrews C-cup. (That doesn't sound good!)
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #65
Regular Crew

Very glad to hear that you guys are liking them and I can't wait for my overseas friends to join the party. Drew, I imagine you've heard enough from me on all this, but I'll just add that catching focus is really easy with the contrast cranked up a bit. I use the standard peaking settings on white, which I find much easier to use than red or blue or whatever. White peaking doesn't distract at all - it just looks like a contrasty image, and the plane of focus is ever-so-slightly highlighted. Give it a try!

As for exposure, I rely pretty heavily on zebras. As I said I've got my contrast cranked a bit, and depending on the scene and the profile, I can't always tell where things are landing. 100 IRE zebras outside is a great way to keep your bearings.
Andrew Alden Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #66
Trustee

Spread the word!!! This thing rocks!
Thanks so much for seeing this through and delivering such a solid product!! Anyone want to buy my slightly used Z-Finder? Really!
Old May 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM   #67
Major Player

just got and fitted mine. feels very solid, snug as heck. the ziptie is a nice addition though don't see myself using it.

it is a bit of a pain to get on though, even moreso for the chamois, but if you plan on having it live on your camera than it's not a big deal.

overall it's indeed an improvement for the c100, but i wish andrew would have went for the more traditional oval/recessed shape. i have to tilt my head a decent bit to get full contact. could just be my head shape though.YMMV. There's enough material i'll probably trim a bit of the left side to get a better face match.

Good work andrew. this is my first kickstarter delivery

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-T...527_164859.jpg
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:47 PM   #68
Regular Crew

May 29,

Andrew I'm only in Santa Cruz, California and haven't received mine. Ordered two months ago. Need it for shooting today my good friend. Can you hope on a plane today and bring it out? Need it by 6pm.
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #69
Regular Crew

Hi Bill. We haven't received a survey response from you with your address. Please complete the survey on Kickstarter and I'll get one to the post office tomorrow.

You should be receiving emails with project updates and survey requests and reminders from Kickstarter - have you not been getting these?
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #70
Regular Crew

No :( I just went into Kickstarter and verified my address for you. You would think Kickstarter would send you an e-mail or something. I guess I'll have to tell Jennifer Lawrence, Al Pacino, Meryl Streep and my 200 extras to to find something to do until my C-cup arrives...
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:50 AM   #71
Trustee

Looks like they're coming to the UK on a donkey! It made it from Austin TX to Chicago so far. Hope that donkey can fly :)
Old June 1st, 2014, 09:11 AM   #72
Regular Crew

Hey Dave. The USPS international tracking isn't very good or detailed, but it looks like they are just now starting to land in the UK and Europe. Tracking often just moves from Chicago to "Delivered," and hopefully that will be the status of your package soon.

All the Kickstarter packages went out just before a holiday here, so the mail system was down for two days just after I shipped. We're sitting at just over one week right now, and as I said they are starting to reach people's doorsteps. That ain't bad. I just expedited a C-Cup to Italy, which is going to take about a week, and that cost $88. Since Kickstarter only allows one price for international shipping, I decided most folks would rather go for $8 than $88+ even if they have to sit tight another day or two.

Anyway, they should be arriving soon, my international friends. I hope you like them. Please let me know what you think.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 02:02 AM   #73
Major Player

Mine arrived in Spain yesterday. Looks good although I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:00 PM   #74
Regular Crew

Andrew got mine yesterday. Thanks for the individual attention. Great product, well built and designed.

Bill Scherer
Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:03 PM   #75
Regular Crew

Thank you Bill. I hope you enjoy it!
Andrew Alden Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems