Canon C100 Goodness at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old October 10th, 2014, 02:25 AM   #1
New Boot

Canon C100 Goodness

Hello,

I would like to share this piece I filmed with a Canon C100, It's a graffiti project that was done in a Mall, it was all shot after midnight using only available ambient light.

all footage shot in canon log internally.

Gear Used:
Canon 16-35 2.8L
Canon 50 1.2L
Canon 70-200 2.8L
DJI Phantom Goprohero3 black
Glidecam HD4000

I must say i’m truly impressed with the Canon c100, truly a great package, I was surprised that many sources had cited that it doesn’t have slow motion capabilities. I found that it has better slow motion than the 5dmkIII 720/60

FCPX10.1
1080i60 = Deinterlace = Automatic Speed = to 40% on 23.98 timeline

Check out the slow motion shots at 2:08 to 2:36

I’m also compiling a slow motion reel just for the c100.

I am absolutely in love with that camera.

Eddy Yazbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Canon C100 Goodness

That looked great, I particularly liked the first 15 seconds and especially the openingsshot, that was brutal :)
Is the DJI Phantom easy to learn to fly with? I see it sells for 800 euro with the H3-3D gimbal. Must say I"m very interested in buying one but have to inquire how laws are in Belguim when flying one, I know in the Netherlands they have a strict rules, read an article some time ago the same rules apply like when you fly a plane so there I think penalties are severe.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 05:41 AM   #3
Trustee

Noa, I can tell you a lot more about that..... (you need BNUC-S qualification) but we should take that off line.....

Great video BTW !!

David
Old October 10th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #4
New Boot

Noa, I definitely encourage you to go ahead and get the phantom 2, it's easy to learn and it's very forgiving for first time fliers, attaching a GoPro to it lets you get to really unconventional places and it really does elevate the overall value of whatever film you use it for. be careful tho gopro4 doesn't slide right in the H3-3D because the side button is protruding unlike the button on GoproHero 3 and 3+

In the Video I am using a Tarot T2D gimbal attached to a Phantom 1.
Old October 10th, 2014, 09:08 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Thx for the info, I have zero knowledge about these kind of tools but for some corporate videos I have on my agenda for next year it might be a added value. However something tells me I won't be flyting one that easily but I"ll ask Dave more about it, probably start a new thread for that.
Old October 10th, 2014, 09:47 AM   #6
Major Player

Were you using a vest and arm with the Glidecam or just muscling it up? Great looking video.
Mark Koha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #7
Major Player

Eddy,

Great job on the graffiti project! Very well done! I share the same thoughts regarding the C100!
Troy Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Koha View Post
Were you using a vest and arm with the Glidecam or just muscling it up? Great looking video.
No vest , good ol' forearm muscles. I cannot imagine my life without my Glidecam. i prefer it over all those new Digital Gyros Stabilizers.
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:50 PM   #9
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Moss View Post
Eddy,

Great job on the graffiti project! Very well done! I share the same thoughts regarding the C100!
I really do hope they unlock 4K to external recorder in an upcoming firmware or paid upgrade.
Old October 11th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Yazbeck View Post
No vest , good ol' forearm muscles. I cannot imagine my life without my Glidecam. i prefer it over all those new Digital Gyros Stabilizers.
I use a blackbird and also wouldn't shoot a wedding without it, I did see a great looking "Digital Gyros" steadicam combo though so that might be a nice addition:
Old October 12th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #11
New Boot

that is quite interesting, although to have gimbal that can carry the c100 probably costs more and weighs more, at this time the best alternative for a stock glidecam hd4000 seems to be the DJI Ronin.
Old October 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #12
Major Player

You difinitely can't beat the glidecam price though. I've been flying an xf305 and t3i on a 4000 and love it.
Mark Koha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #13
Major Player

Eddy - wow amazing work! I'm inspired to get more out of my C100 now....and darn you I just took the Phantom off my shopping list and now it must go back on. Though as an alternative, the Plexidrone looks pretty interesting if I can hold out till next year. Anyone following this product?

Art
Old October 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post
Plexidrone looks pretty interesting if I can hold out till next year. Anyone following this product?
here's the link to the Plexidrone video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9OwUOtU380#t=58
Old October 15th, 2014, 03:29 AM   #15
New Boot

hey Art Varga, Plexidrone looks really really interesting, detachable arms, follow me function, retractable landing gear as well a interesting connectivity solutions.

I'de wait to see what DJI has to offer with the phantom 3, I'm certain the follow me function will be a feature, and if you can't wait put that Phantom 2 back on your list that thing is beast. I have abused my phantom for a year and half now with hours of flight time and that thing still works like a charm.

Available drone similar to the Plexidrone:

IRIS+ - 3DRobotics Inc
Eddy Yazbeck is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems