C100 and handholding - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:41 PM   #46
Major Player

Re: C100 and handholding

Can anyone show me what results you are getting when handholding C100? I just did some tests and the results were pretty bad. I want to see what I should be aiming for.
Thanks
Kathy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:30 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Smith View Post
Can anyone show me what results you are getting when handholding C100?
This was using the C-Cup on the C100 Mark I with a Ninja Star.

At 4:22 in this video, you will see a load of b-roll that was all shot handheld with a Sigma 50mm ART lens wide open (f/1.4) and my eye pressed into the C-Cup using the C100 Mark I's EVF. The LCD screen was closed.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 09:39 AM   #48
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
This was using the C-Cup on the C100 Mark I with a Ninja Star.

Shalottlilly

At 4:22 in this video, you will see a load of b-roll that was all shot handheld with a Sigma 50mm ART lens wide open (f/1.4) and my eye pressed into the C-Cup using the C100 Mark I's EVF. The LCD screen was closed.
Gary, thanks. I'm going to try using the C-Cup so if I get my shots more stable but what about other shot in the video, like the opening shot, is that just on a slider? What about at about 3:20, are these handheld?
Kathy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Only one shot out of the rest is handheld, and that's in the sequence at 3:20, but only a single shot from behind the back of the head, mostly because it was just quicker to dismount the camera and handhold it for that one instead of the setup time involved otherwise.

Everything else is tripod and slider.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 02:00 AM   #50
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric C. Petrie View Post
Meet the Zacuto Recoil V2 for the Canon C100/300/500 on Vimeo

This has been my personal favorite solution for the last year or more. It's light weight, super flexible, gets the grip in the right spot. Zacuto has just come out with the 3rd generation Recoil stuff too. The plates are a little bigger but allow for even more flexibility. What do you think of the rig in the video? Do you think it might meet your needs?

Eric Petrie
provideoandtape.com
Lease the Canon C100 for $129 a month
Lease the Sony FS7 for $248 a month
HI Eric,

I'm thinking of renting the Zacuto recoil because I have a gig where I need a shoulder rig. Looking at the video, it looks like I need a Zacuto EVF, is that correct? It doesn't look like I will be able to use the screen that comes with the C100. I do have an external screen that I could use but it doesn't seem like it will be so close to my face I won't be able to see too well, my external screen is 7". What do you think? Anyone else has experience with this rig? Or maybe someone has other shoulder rigs they can recommend?

Thanks
Kathy
Kathy Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems