C100 mk1 reseting itself at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old April 29th, 2018, 07:40 AM   #1
Major Player

C100 mk1 reseting itself

I posted about this problem a few years back. Now its happening with 2 of my 3 c100s. I am hoping maybe someone else has had this issue and managed to resolve it.

The internal battery seems to have died. After every battery change, the camera boots up and asks for you to enter the date and time etc. All other settings have reset to default.

I have followed the manual instructions to plug the cameras into the mains for 24 hours which made no difference. My batteries and chargers are all Canon originals. I have tried more than one battery \ charger to charge the batteries.

I live in Brazil where its tricky to send it to a approved Canon dealer. Assuming it does need an internal battery replacement I would prefer to attempt it myself. My cameras are out of warranty.

Thanks.
Dan Burnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #2
Supports LPFM Radio

Re: C100 mk1 reseting itself

The internal battery on my C300 mk 1 died a few months ago. That battery is not user-accessible (unlike on the C300 mk 2 where it is). I couldn't find any guidance online on how to replace the battery and Canon didn't want to give me that info (I told them, truthfully, that I used to build and service equipment for recording studios, but that didn't help). So I had to send the camera to Canon's USA service center.... On the upside, the USA service center took care of the battery replacement really quickly and at a super-reasonable cost, all for a camera like yours that is out of warranty.

Perhaps your local/regional division of Canon can refer you to an authorized local repair facility; not necessarily run by Canon, but a third party that Canon approves of?

Jim
Jim Feeley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems