Magic Lantern 7D Pony Up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Magic Lantern 7D Pony Up

I'm already reading about "when Tram Hudson" ports Magic Latern over to the 7D.

That's somewhat presumptuous on all our parts. Take a moment and ponder the huge amount of time and effort he has put into the 5D with his own camera.

If we want ML on the 7D, how about we start a list with the idea of getting 150 to 200 people to commit $10 or more to show Tram some support.

I'll start the list here and if anyone who want to pledge $10 via Pay Pal, then copy this post and add your name to the bottom and don't forget to increment by 1. If you want to pledge $30, add your name 3 times and give each of your 3 lines a new line number.

When we start seeing 150 to 180 lines, then maybe Tram will chime in and let us know if he's going to buy the camera and then we can send in the Paypal donations. Put Canon 7D on your pay pal payment and maybe Tram will notify us through this thread when he has enough to cover the camera.

There are unknowns, so there is no guarantee he can get this going on the 7D, or maybe not till Canon does a firmware upgrade on their own, but regardless, no camera no work by Tram, so lets at least get some pledges going so he can decide whether he wants to get on a waiting list to get a camera.

Chris if this isn't cool, just delete it.

1. Jim Froom USA $10
Jim Froom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Major Player

Brian in Japan $10
Brian Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Magic Latern 7D Pony Up

That's somewhat presumptuous on all our parts. Take a moment and ponder the huge amount of time and effort he has put into the 5D with his own camera.

If we want ML on the 7D, how about we start a list with the idea of getting 150 to 200 people to commit $10 or more to show Tram some support.

I'll start the list here and if anyone who want to pledge $10 via Pay Pal, then copy this post and add your name to the bottom and don't forget to increment by 1. If you want to pledge $30, add your name 3 times and give each of your 3 lines a new line number.

When we start seeing 150 to 180 lines, then maybe Tram will chime in and let us know if he's going to buy the camera and then we can send in the Paypal donations. Put Canon 7D on your pay pal payment and maybe Tram will notify us through this thread when he has enough to cover the camera.

There are unknowns, so there is no guarantee he can get this going on the 7D, or maybe not till Canon does a firmware upgrade on their own, but regardless, no camera no work by Tram, so lets at least get some pledges going so he can decide whether he wants to get on a waiting list to get a camera.

1. Jim Froom USA $10
2. Brian in Japan
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Major Player

Magic Latern 7D Pony Up

1. Jim Froom USA $10
2. Brian in Japan
5. Ofer Levy, Australia
Ofer Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:46 AM   #5
Major Player

Looks like the source is freely available. I might take a stab at it if he doesn't plan on doing it, but I'm guessing he will. It also looks like you can donate right on his site too.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:21 AM   #6
Regular Crew

"It also looks like you can donate right on his site too. "

There are lots of places to donate.

This email was too ask for a pledge to see if we can raise enough for Trammel to buy a 7D. Kind of like "lets make a list and see if there is 150-180 people to kick in 10 bucks or so."

He has worked is butt off and is more than capable. This is more to try to get him to buy the camera and then work some magic on it.
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Tramm, do you anticipate getting a 7D right away or having access to one? Since these are supposedly coming out soon is there anything we can do to help?
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Regular Crew

count me in to donate...if thats what you want?
Craig Maret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Trustee

Count me in.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:07 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Count me in! Where and when do we send the money?
Charles Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #11
Major Player

I'm in too.
Scott Shama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #12
Regular Crew

I'm game. Put me down for ten.
John C. Plunkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #13
Tourist

20$ from here.
Tommi Iversen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #14
Major Player

i donated $10 last night
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #15
Trustee

As per Jim's original idea

1. Jim Froom USA $10
2. Brian in Japan $10
3. Ofer Levy, Australia $10
4. Craig Maret $10
5. Nate Haustein $10
6. Charles Dasher $10
7. Scott Shama $10
8. John C. Plunkett $10
9. Tommi Iversen $20
10. Paul Mailath $40

just quote this and add your name & amount

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD