What is everyone using for a tripod-monopod for the 7D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 13th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Major Player

What is everyone using for a tripod-monopod for the 7D?

Just ordered my 7D for overnight delivery!

Just wondered what everyone is using for a SLR nowadays - tripod and monopod wise. I am a EX3 shooter and all my legs are way to much for a 7D. I have a Bogen monopod that is hardly used. How about some lightweight and very portable legs? Any ideas anyone?
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Contributor

I have a Libec 38 which is adequate for my XH A1 and will be fine for the 7D.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I use a gitzo mountaineer carbon fiber tripod, with a Manfrotto 701HDV Pro Fluid Head
and a

Miller 311 Solo Pod. Solo pod works well and is very light and portable. If I am heading out the door with the 7D or 5D that's usually what I grab.

The gitzo/701 combo is also very portable and light. Decent head, smooth. I use it when I need steady footage and a second cam to go with the EX-1.

I use a Vinten with Miller Solo sticks for my EX-1 and this would be overkill and far to heavy for a HDSLR.
Michael Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Major Player

Jon, it depends if you want a good video or not. Please consider this post.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-s...y-why-why.html
Les Nagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Major Player

I have an Enduro MC14 carbon fiber monopod that I'm using for my 5D. Weighs almost nothing and is the single most useful accessory I've got for the camera. Whether extended to the ground, braced against my hip, folded up over my shoulder like a support, or collapsed and acting like a handle below the camera, it makes handheld practical by largely eliminating rolling shutter wobble.
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #6
Major Player

Evan I just bought the Enduro MC14 carbon fiber monopod for $75 from B&H. I am thinking of attaching a small fluid head.

Its very light and small - just what I needed. I travel with too much gear already. Cheers.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Major Player

I went for the Manfrotto 701HDV,755CX3K Kit

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 701HDV,755CX3K | 701HDV,755CX3K

Carbon Fiber, very light compared to my other kits, collapsed length is also pretty compact. I prefer the 7D/5D compactness over the HVX200 bulk, and this kit seems like the equivalent match for a tripod.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD