7D FCP Plug-in... good news! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 9th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Major Player

7D FCP Plug-in... good news!

So I ran across this new plug-in that is in development on a blog that I follow. It looks as though it will allow for log and transfer of 7D footage as well as allow FCP to read all the meta dats (i.e. lens data, iso settings, time, date, etc.) it will even generate T.O.D. Timecode!!! Have a look for yourself! Big Development in HDDSLR Workflow: Timecode (or very close to.) Vincent Laforet’s Blog
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #2
Wizard Status

Lens meta data in Magic Lantern

There is an undocumented and not-quite-ready feature in the 0.1.6 release of Magic Lantern that does something similar for the lens meta data during movie recording. It creates a CSV log file that contains the model of the lens and a timestamp counter with the Frame#, ISO, Shutter, Aperture, Focal_Len and Focus_Dist when ever any of those values are changed during the recording.

This way you can log not just the parameters at the start of the shoot, but determine what they were for every frame of the clip. I haven't figured out how to do anything useful with the data yet, but the first step was to just record it somewhere.
Tramm Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Andrew thanks for the link to Vincent's Blog.
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

ZoomBrowser EX shows also the shooting information.
Hannu Korpinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

We first reported this months ago:

Canon D-SLR Log & Transfer Plugin for Final Cut Pro DV Info Net

Glad to hear that the blogs out there are just now starting to catch up.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Trustee

I could have sworn that plug in was on hold indefinitely and that it was purchased by canon, it's exciting if they are going to in fact release it, but I mean, we've been hearing about it for almost a year now. I'm going to start viewing it with my scarlet tinted glasses of "coming soon" if it doesn't materialize before the end of the year.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD