Best Matte Box + Shoulder Support Combo For 7D? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Yes it will, its designed for the APS-C size sensor so it will not have a crop factor like a full frame still lens.
Dp Reel http://www.visualcinema.com/reels/ Rentals in NYC http://www.visualcinema.com/rentals/cameras/ Scarlet-X SN#634 "HEXTALL"
Jonanthan Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #17
Major Player

Yes, it will work. but remember, the aperture will change according to your focal lenght, so, in case you try to zoom in or out, you will see automatic aperture changes in well definite steps...not very pleasant. The Tamron 17-50 will work a lot better, and you can get the non stabilized version for a little bit over twice the price of that one. Very sharp lens too.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Zanella View Post
Sorry Corey,
The carbon fiber rails, ff, and C mount grip are all from IndiSYSTEM - Studio 4 Productions. They make very nice and affordable stuff. The rig feels very good in your hands as well as on tripod, slider, and shoulder.
The Santa Fe TV Show
They do have interesting products at Indifocus. I purchased some stuff from them in the past, and most recently, three weeks ago, but so far I haven't received any contact confirming my order. I tried contacting Tim (the owner) several times but so far no luck.

I hope he is well.

Mauricio
Mauricio DelaOrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I would try calling Tim if you've already emailed him. Usually he gets back to you pretty quick but gets tied up with orders. He recently sent me one of his new compact rigs to test out during SXSW here in Austin. Works great and very solid. He also has a new handle that attaches to the rods and comes over the top of the camera. Really handy for just grabbing the rig and throwing it on your shoulder. I'll try to post a still of the setup if I get a chance this week.
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #20
Major Player

This might be the most economical way to go.
With the spiderbrace.
home
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #21
Major Player

I use the Cavision Cavision Shoulder Pad System Package with Dual Handgrips system which is now $195 at BH. Seems sturdy enough for me especially with a 7D and i especially like the grips and the price, only annoyances are the rods are fiberglass and scratch easily and the camera plate isnt easily adjusted without an allen key.

Then I got a new matte box on ebay from an indian seller that from what i can tell is exactly the same unit that indifocus sells but is only $99 compared to $349. surprisingly good matte box for the price, my only problem with it is that the connection from the plastic matte box to the metal rod mount is a little flimsy and i may add some reinforcement myself. The matte box is almost exactly this one http://thecinecity.com/tcc/product.p...0&bestseller=Y but without the rod system and with extra adjustable top and bottom flags built in inside of the unit which i really like since the french flag isnt great. if you want something like that, you might want to email them, they'll usually give you a discount if you talk to someone over email and they might sell the matte box by itself for cheap. when i ordered mine the one i got was constantly listed on an ebay store but they dont seem to be anymore.

I have a DXA-5D under my 7D and I think with this setup you would want a quick release system or mixer under your camera as a riser since most accessories dont work with a 7D as it sits very low to the rods without something underneath it. More than anything the DXA-5D is awefully flimsy especially with a bigger lens. I also have a <$300 cinecity indian follow focus which is ok for the price except that cavision has a basic follow focus that looks more worthwhile now.

Overall its a shoulder support/mattebox system I'd recommend for $300 considering ive used worse systems for twice the price, every system seems to have its issues unless you have $4000 to spend on arri gear (even then im sure there will be minor issues). I've had zacuto and redrock equipment break in my hands without misuse...
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD