7D on STEROIDS! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #31
Major Player

Mike,
Thank you for your reply. All that you are saying is VERY interesting. I've always admired people who leave their Country to follow their passions! I moved from Italy to US myself, even though it wasn't for video, it was music back then...
Obviously you are involved in the industry, but what do you exactly do there, if you don't mind?

Good luck in China and let's stay in touch from time to time. If you have any question or want to share some thoughts you can also reach me through my email posted in this site.

Best regards.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Zanella View Post
Randy,

As soon as you change input on the lilliput, recording stops indeed. I haven't felt that as a problem, because when I am ready to roll, usually I do not look at the camera display anymore...all settings have been done, it's filming time, and the lilliput becomes the framing and focus reference. If I have to change settings, usually I am not rolling, so it is not a problem.

Hope this helps.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Appreciate the reply bro! :)
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davies-Patrick View Post
I've heard good things about the Marantz 661 (although yet to try one out myself). Worth a second look I think. Maybe the MARANTZ PMD620 would also be OK and looks to be smaller - anyone tried that model?
Hey Tony, I have the zoom H4n and I'll say its a real value for money on camera recorder.You could record live and pull a feed to the DSLR via a PAD -25db cable from Pinknoise.

However if you are looking to feed audio from a line or mic input, the pre amps from Marantz 661 seems a lot better. I did a lot of research over the past few days and found the reviews from the site below really helpful. I'm in the midst of some VO testing with the Porta booth and although the H4n did pretty well with an AKE3000B, the noise floor could be better in my opinion.

M661
Transom Tool: Marantz PMD 661

H4n
Transom Tool: Zoom H4n

M620
Transom Tool: Marantz PMD 620

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD