Dead Pixels at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 27th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Dead Pixels

I got my 550D a couple of weeks ago. Had a play with it and shot some video on manual.

Picture looked OK on LCD screen on playback but when I viewed it on my 17" pc monitor, there was a large group of red pixels in the lower right corner. It was so obvious because of the dark picture.

The pixels weren't visible on still pictures.

I'm returning the camera but wonder if anyone else has had problems and if you had, did you have any problems returning camera?

Peter
Peter D. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I had a couple show up. I did an internet search and it was suggested running the manual sensor cleaning routine (I know hot pixels is an electronic issue, nothing to do with dust etc.). This I did, and the pixels went away. Canon say there is no pixel masking circuit, but there are quite a few users that have found that running the manual sensor clean process makes them go away. Perhaps the sensor gets reset or flushed when you run the clean process.
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Major Player

I had a big white dot on my videos. Manual sensor clean fixed it.

Try it before returning camera.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Alister and Sam,

I'd just sent off the camera when I read this!!

I intend to get another one and will see how that fairs.

Peter
Peter D. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Major Player

I was about to bring mine back to B&H - checked the internet first - always a good idea!

;-)
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD