shooting weddings - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Hinkle View Post
He was using this mic. Strictly for ambient to improve on the camera mic. He never put on headphones to monitor it. Just plugged it in and went to work. For just picking up ambient and people talking amongst themselves it works great for him.

Sennheiser MKE 400 Compact Video Camera Shotgun MKE 400 - B&H
Phillip, what about his mono pod? Looks pretty simple any idea on that?
Nick Swenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Was just your basic Bogen/Manfrotto monopod with the common quick release plate like the 501 heads have. It was a smaller monopod head but it had that common QR plate on it. I can't remember if he had the monopod with the little feet on it or not. There are 2 versions with little feet. One has feet that screw out of the bottom and will actually hold a cam up and the other are smaller feet that are more for stabilizing and allow easy rotation. I've used both types and like the one with little feet better. The big feet don't allow you to rotate.

I personally use a SteddiePod from Barbertech. It's a monopod/tripod and has a light weight but smooth fluid head on it. You can even fly with it and it does pretty good. I have left my tripod and monopods in the car since I got it. My other cams still use a full tripod but my mobile cam, the 7D, stays on the steddiepod. I reviewed it for EventDV a few months back and was pretty impressed with it.

I loved Ray Roman's setup because it was light weight and easy to work with. No big rigs hanging on the cam. A real run and gun setup. If you've ever seen his footage he does amazing work without bells and whistles. He does have a slider and vest mounted steadycam but uses it sparingly during the day. Most is shot off monopod and tripods. The one piece of equipment I add to my kit that he doesn't use is a pair of what I call "Cineglasses". They are nothing more than a pair of strong reading glasses. I'm a little older than Ray is and it really helps me focus the cam better. I just call them Cineglasses cause it sounds cool. Ray will need them one day. I'm thinking of buying a bunch of cheap reading glasses from China (or Walmart) and selling them branded as Cineglasses. I should be able to mark them up pretty high and still sell a few pairs. If I show a picture of someone hip wearing them while shooting with a 7D I'm sure someone would buy them. :-). Just think .... cool colors and fashion styled rims. Could be the new Cine'hip. OK....I have to quit letting my imagination take over....fun concept though. :-)
Philip Hinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:02 PM   #18
New Boot

Cineglasses...yea I think B&H is now carrying them. =P Jk. LOL Thanks again for the info.
Nick Swenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD