Green Screen with 7D - Short Video Sample at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 19th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Green Screen with 7D - Short Video Sample

This is the first green screen we shot with the 7D. Although far from perfect, I am quite satisfied with the quality of the picture. The GS room is not set up for "full body" wide shots, but I have included them anyway. Even though NOT perfect at all, I chose them for visual & creative purposes. It was shot at both 720 60p 1/120sec shutter and 1080 30p at 1/60sec shutter. Any suggestions?

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #2
Trustee

I think the h.264 format makes it tough to key out the less-than-perfectly-lit shots.
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you for your comment. I also think that at the moment we do not have enough room...The distance of the subject from the GS is at most 8-9 feet. I would like to have at least 12, but the size of the screen and room does not allow it. I think the ligthing is adequate, but, again, the size of the GS is lmiting for now. When we work on a tight shot, throwing out of focus the BKG, It works A LOT better...Especially on the 7D, with the shallow DOF of that camera.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey guys, I've got a quick question about green screening--

So I've got my 7d footage converted to prores and it's in the FCP timeline. I've got a color smoothing filter on and the Primatte RT. And it all looks pretty good. My character is doing their thing in front of a hilariously cheesy rainbow background. I render it, and take a look at it... and for some reason there's tiny black evenly spaced vertical lines on the left side of the image which sort of fade away towards the middle of the image. These weren't here before I rendered! What happened?!

Thanks
-Alex
Alex Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #5
Major Player

Looks like you had a lot of reflection off the boots - nothing you could have really done there but use a dulling spray or something. Did you garbage matte?
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD