Class of Memory for shooting HD video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 31st, 2010, 01:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Class of Memory for shooting HD video

Hi all,

I don't have a T2i yet but am about to purchase a 16 gb card so that I could bring it to a store and shoot some sample video with in using different lens. I am excited about it as I am anticipating to buy the T2i very soon.

Question on memory and speed of memory: Some people say that one should get the fastest SD card available whereas some say if I go over class 6, one might experience problem shooting video.

Given that, what's your experience with shooting with a say "Sandisk Class 10 with 30mb/s" card?

My intention is to get the class 10 but if it will create problems for me shooting HD video, I probably don't want to get it as it is more expensive than the class 6.

Any help appreciated.
-Aa
Aaron Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Major Player

That is the cards I use, and I have not had any problems with it.

good luck.
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Leung View Post
Hi all,

I don't have a T2i yet but am about to purchase a 16 gb card so that I could bring it to a store and shoot some sample video with in using different lens. I am excited about it as I am anticipating to buy the T2i very soon.

Question on memory and speed of memory: Some people say that one should get the fastest SD card available whereas some say if I go over class 6, one might experience problem shooting video.

Given that, what's your experience with shooting with a say "Sandisk Class 10 with 30mb/s" card?

My intention is to get the class 10 but if it will create problems for me shooting HD video, I probably don't want to get it as it is more expensive than the class 6.

Any help appreciated.
-Aa

I use Sandisk class 10 30mb/s 8gb one, and i love it. Works like a charm. :)

I use it mainly for video.
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I've been using a Sandisk Class 4 for a month and a half without a single hiccup. Not saying that's what I would recommend, but it's working great for me.

I bought it for the EX1, but that failed miserably. On a whim I tried it in the T2i and it's been working great.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD