Re-wrap .mov files into 1 new at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 5th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Re-wrap .mov files into 1 new

Hi All,

I have already searched on the forum but cannot find an exact answer to this issue. Is there software on the market (free or acceptable priced) that re-wraps the Canon 7D's .MOV files together in one new .MOV file? The huge file size that gives is not an issue, it's just for putting it directly into my client's Quantel system. Untill now I do this using Vegas and re-render it but there must be a faster way. Anyone?

Gabor
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

Well compressor can do a transcode to another codec so can MPEG Streamclip (free and fast). If you have the codec you want to use on your Mac. If you want to convert to Windows media, you will have to but Flip for Mac.

But if your client has QT installed just choose one of the many versions of quicktime. Don't use ProRes.

The Original .mov is a H.264 file. It is very efficient for the quality you get, but you need a pretty powerful computer and fast HD to be able to play it smoothly. You can also transcode into a lower data rate H.264.

I personally use Sorenson Squeeze for these transcodings. But it is kind of pricy. I often downsample to 1280x720 H.264 or even 640x356 with a low data rate 1-4 mb/s and most machines play that well. That is also what I often upload to Vimeo or YouTube.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD