Flycam Nano on 60D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 13th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Flycam Nano on 60D

Hi,

Read a bunch of reviews on cheesycam.com about flycam nano. I just want to see if the dvinfo community had used the Flycam nano with 60D and see what's your experienced with it.
Aaron Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Tourist

Hey Aaron,

I personally have the 60D and the Flycam Nano. I use the this set up paired up with my 16-35mm 2.8 L II lens which is a monster. I have it balanced but not perfect. needs to be fine tuned. Im running 6 weights back and 3 front. it works great and it can defitnitley handle it. the 16-35 lens i have on it is huge. so its hard to balance, but as i said it needs to be fine tuned. im thinking about using my 60d with my 50 mm prime lens. the lens would be smaller and i may be able to really get it balaced 100% but then i would be at a 50mm on a cropped body.
Fabian Malovini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Fabian,

Thx for the reply. I couldn't wait so I got the flycam nano as well.
I use it to fly: 60d+Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Since it is my first time using a steadicam, I had a hard time finding the balance. And once I find the balance (sort of) and had to remove it from the "slow" release plate, it means I need to re-balance over again when I need to put it back. So, I ended up installing a Manfrotto 577 QR mount on the flycam. With the Manfrotto 577, it adds another 1/2 lb to the flycam, but I think it is well worth it.

Like you, I still needing to fine tune the balance.
Aaron Leung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD