Im about to buy an SLR Camera, but should I wait? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 31st, 2011, 06:58 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Im about to buy an SLR Camera, but should I wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke View Post
I think you both are right. I will probably just get the T3i. But with my luck I buy it and the next day a better canon comes out. I hear they have one with better quality in RAW format video coming out but its all rumors now.
The 7D has been out since Sep 1, 2009, almost two years, So is a replacement due soon? Absolutely, the pro cameras are typically replaced approx 2-3 years.

The 5Dm2 has been out since Sep 2008, so it's replacement is definitely due. The 1Dsm4 has been out since Sep 2007.

So which replacement is going to show up first, Definitely the 1Ds and 5D replacements, priced appropriately of course. If you can afford one of those, then you can easily afford to buy a T3i/600D now and upgrade/replace when the time comes. The T3i would be a good backup camera as well.
Kin Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 12:14 AM   #17
Regular Crew

since you waited this long unless you have jobs lined up already and NEED to HAVE it NOW i would suggest waiting until the end of the year where all the announcements will be out and price drops as well as new models will be out....

the 5dm3 is the big one that people talk about....

I personally have a 60D and I chose it over the T3i because much like the T2i I didnt like the feel of it and to me it felt pretty toyish....I felt that between all the 1.6x bodies the 60D was the better choice overall...the HD zoom on the T3i is nice but I do not see myself ever using it...
Pat Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 07:09 AM   #18
Inner Circle

I have been shooting video with a 5DII for more than 2.5 years & just got a 600D/T3i to supplement it & it feels absolutely fine in my hands just like a baby 5DII. All the controls & menus are immediately obvious if you are used to the 5DII. Even if the 600D/T3i weren't 20% cheaper than the 60D I would still prefer it for the 3X HD crop mode.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM   #19
Inner Circle

The 3X crop zoom feature makes shooting video much more flexible.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD