Moving to DSLR - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #31
New Boot

Re: Moving to DSLR

A local store has the Nikon version, is there an adaptor for this to mount onto an EOS? Silly I know, but this is much cheaper.

I imagine it would be a simple Nikon to Canon EOS adaptor, which are only £10. I'm trying to save as much money as possible!
Ben Turvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Simple adapter? Have you looked at the bayonets, the electrical pin connectors and the iris / OIS motors? Get the Canon version and sleep easy.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
Dont:
1) Don't get a rig (shoulder rig, cage etc) unless you're actually sure you need one. Shoot with the dslr first, and if you find you can't cope then think about it.
2) Ditto with a follow focus - don't get one unless you really can't cope without one (bear in mind if you need a follow focus you'll also need a baseplate and rods, probably with the above mentioned rig).
3) Ditto with a matte box - there are easier solutions out there.
I 100% agree with Simon. A major plus point of the DSLR format is a small light camera that is simple to operate & very manoeuvrable. Once you start adding all that junk & an EVF or monitor etc it starts to become unwieldy. For weddings & other events I would recommend a monopod or lightweight tripod & a simple loupe which doesn't need to be a jewel encrusted Zacuto Z-Finder (OK they are not actually jewel encrusted just priced as though they were:-).
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #34
Inner Circle

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Jones View Post
Not sure what your local pricing is like, but check out the Sigma lenses.

I've got a Sigma 17-55 f2.8, and it's great, can't imagine the Canon would be any better. It really is brilliant.
I don't know about the Sigma but I initially went cheap & bought the equivalent Tamron & exchanged it the next day for the Canon even though it was double the price. The Tamron focused & zoomed the wrong way like a Nikon lens. The IS was really noisy & you need to manually switch between manual & auto focus. For stills the AF was woefully slow & inconsistent compared to the Canon.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #35
Regular Crew

I've heard the same about the Tamron, but I honestly can't fault the Sigma - well, mine anyway. Not sure if all of them are as good. Worth a look.
Ryan Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD