Monitoring Multiple DSLR's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Monitoring Multiple DSLR's

Myself and fellow college students will be shooting a concert w/ 7 DSLR's, 5 static and 2 roaming. We would like to monitor the 5 static cameras and are looking for solutions. Is the best/only way to do this by going A/Vout-RCA-BNC or HDMI to an on cam SD/HD monitor w/ SDI out to video village (~150 ft away from cameras)? We need to rent the monitors so any suggestions are helpful. We have a very small budget, so keep that in mind.

Any suggestions/better ideas? Thanks
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Monitoring Multiple DSLR's

Concert happened last night...laser hit my sensor. RIP 60D

gSqJ7t.gif (1000x562)
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

duuuude. bummer. i cringed watching that laser get closer and closer in slo-mo.
Alex Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Ouch, are these lasers not too powerfull? What if it hits your eye, doesn't it cause damage as well?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:24 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes these lasers will injure your eyes as well, but that is why they are pointed up above the crowds. The only reason the camera got hit is because it was on a jib and was making a downward move towards the stage and obviously crossed the path of the laser. We knew it was a possibility, but really wanted to use the jib. We got through about 98% of the concert w/o a problem, then this happened during the last song. Sucks. Still trying to figure out if I'm just going to replace the sensor or get a whole new cam.
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD