Magic Lantern Mic Power with DR100 into t3i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Major Player

Magic Lantern Mic Power with DR100 into t3i

Hi.
I'm using latest ML and want to feed DR100 line output into the t3i mic input via Sescom 3.5 Line to Mic 35dB Attenuator cable, bypassing internal mic. Anybody know the proper ML Mic Power setting in this case? The user's guide states below, but I'm still unsure:

Mic Power: ON/OFF
This is required for internal mic and certain types of external mics, but it reduces
input impedance.
• ON: input impedance is 2 kW
• OFF: input impedance is 30 kW
This setting is always ON when input source is either internal mic or L:int R:ext.

Any input is appreciated. thanks.
Amos Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Magic Lantern Mic Power with DR100 into t3i

Off is safer since you don't need Mic Power in this situation. But if it works with it On, you can leave it there if you ever need to power a mic through the jack.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Magic Lantern Mic Power with DR100 into t3i

Thanks for the input Brett. Off was what I was leaning towards but not knowing so much about audio, was confused by the impedence issue.
Amos Kim is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD