What's a versital wide angle for video and stills? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: What's a versital wide angle for video and stills?

Great! All this information helps a ton with my decision. I guess I'm no different from most of us trying to decide what is best now and most applicable in the future. Oh, to have a ton of money!
Art White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #17
Regular Crew

wanted to add the Tokina 11-16 to this discussion thread. Ken Rockwell says "Considering its bargain price of under $600, its the world's best ultrawide lens for digital SLRs." and Philip Bloom recommends it in this post which is generally useful when making lens decisions Which…lenses to buy? | Philip Bloom
Love my Tokina!
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #18
Regular Crew

For what it is worth, I shoot video more and more on my 7D and I have been really liking the results of my Canon 15-85 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens coupled with ND filters. I can go wide or frame the shot how I want with the zoom. Open up the aperture and then bring down the exposure in sunlight with ND filters as needed. It has been a very nice video and walk around photo lens for me. $700 new on most sites or under $500 used in many places. I got mine used of of ebay for around $450 with a uv filter. Thing looked brand new and has been excellent to date.

Just something to consider.
Derek Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #19
Major Player

The Canon EF-S 17-55 2.8 is an ideal allround lens for cropfactor DSLR's. There is currently one for sale at the Private classifieds part of the forum.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-...8-i-s-usm.html
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Derek, I did just buy a ND filter to experiment with. Garbor, I'll check that out too.
Thanks!
Art White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD