Canon 7D HDMI port malfunction needs repair. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old June 4th, 2014, 08:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Canon 7D HDMI port malfunction needs repair.

The other day I accidentally hit the HDMI mini cable with my hand and I think the HDMI port got damaged. I swapped out the cable for a new one it worked for I while then it stopped working. If I move the cable around with my hand it works but as soon as I let go it stops and the camera doesn't recolonize the attached device which in my case is the Zacuto EVF Z-finder. There's a small electronic shop in my neighborhood which does repairs. Just wondering if I should send it in to Canon and have them fix it although they would probably charge a lot more or send it in to my local repair shop what do you think?
Old June 5th, 2014, 02:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Canon 7D HDMI port malfunction needs repair.

Last time I took a Canon camera to my local repair shop, it was repaired but he left the Canon work order in the bag (accidentally or not) so he had just sent it to Canon anyway.

Personally I would cut out the middle man and send it to Canon.
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Canon 7D HDMI port malfunction needs repair.

I had my JVC GYHM 100 serviced by an Indian guy here in NYC. He did the work himself and charged little. Unfortunately I don't remember where his shop is located it's been many years since I've seen him. Anyway
I'll see what Canon is going to charge me. Thanks again.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD