Full HD on Canon EOS 5D Mk. II -- officially announced - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Closed Thread

Old November 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #361
Regular Crew

The Tokyo video shows me that you need a tripod. That little shaking really starts getting to me after about 30 seconds. Does anyone know if you get that little shake when using a stabilized lens?

Also, shots need to be established and exposure compensation made and then the exposure locked. The evaluative metering is not always working so great. The exposure ramping during a shot screams "video."

I'm still unclear as to what manual control you have over this camera in video mode.

In my opinion the wedding video showed much more promise for the camera then this video. This does showcase the low light abilities again though.
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #362
Major Player

OK guys, this thread has been a roller coaster ride; everywhere from this Mkii performing better than a $100K cam to it's in the same league as a cell phone. Has anyone not affiliated with Canon that we trust actually used this camera and formed a good opinion of its true HD video capabilities? It's hard to tell what it can do, other than rack focus, on these compressed HD clips. I currently use an XHA1 and it looks like this comes in at about the same price point with a single lens.

I'm very interested in one if it performs better than the A1 (or EX1????).
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #363
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Shealy View Post
OK guys, this thread has been a roller coaster ride...
And at 25 pages, it's a little on the long side... I think it's pretty much done.

Quote:
Has anyone not affiliated with Canon that we trust actually used this camera and formed a good opinion of its true HD video capabilities?
Good question -- for this and any other 5D Mk. II questions, I think the time has come to post those topics into new discussion threads that are clearly labeled as "Canon 5D Mk. II -- (insert specific subject here)." Thanks in advance -- and thanks to everyone who participated in this thread,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD