Workflow for CS3 on the Mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Tourist

Workflow for CS3 on the Mac

Hi everyone, I see that most questions regarding workflow and editing the Canon 5D MKII are for FCP or windows. I currently edit using CS3 on a macbook pro and am looking for some assistance. I tried asking a question in the premiere forum but nobody seems to be able to help, they are stuck on the windows version of CS3. Are there any intermediary codecs for CS3 on the Mac without having to spend $500 on cineform or $600 to upgrade to CS4? Does anyone have any ideas how to import and edit the 5D MKII codec on CS3 for the Mac?

I appreciate all the help that I can get
Nicholas Capolarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #2
Tourist

Wow no Help

Wow i can't believe not a single person can help. is there no one who has the Canon 5d mkII and edits with Premiere on the Mac or knows about a workflow?
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quicktime Pro might be a ggod start for now

You can cut out or paste in as well as add or subtract audio to the track. Online from Apple, $30, powerful, if you know what it can do but it is not an editor. You will hve many codec options but is not as strong as Compressor in that regard.
Gary Szunyogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #4
Tourist

Thanks Gary for the idea. I guess i can try importing the file into Quicktime pro then export in a codec that CS3 can work with.
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Try using Mpegstreamclip to batch convert to Avid DNxHD codec. Both are free downloads, just google, and this way you will overcome the 16-235 clipping problem. The codec is OK in After Effects, so should be OK in Premier
Mike Bluestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi .I need advice about After Effects to Final Cut pro .

I'm trying to learn after effects to combine with my FCP HD pro and I wonder if someone can give me an advice of a reliable web site (not full of viruses and weird offers) where I can download that program even in a basic way with tutorials to see how it works in FCP pro HD without spend hundreds of dollars. I know that Adobe offers sample test but I wonder if someone have a better idea about this.
Best Regards and thanks to read my thread.

julio.
Julio Laffont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #7
Major Player

....deleted....
Nick Wilcox-Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD