Trammel Hudson at Cinevate F8 Summit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old August 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Trammel Hudson at Cinevate F8 Summit

Caught this blog link showing our hero Trammel Hudson at the "Cinevate F8 Summit".

photography and cinematography - ////Blog/////
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Tourist

Cool vid. Love that mini boom!

Thanks for the heads up.
Old August 8th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Absolutely awesome video. I love all the little shots that would have been impossible with a larger cam (security X-ray etc.). I think it also works very well emotionally. In addition to showing two of DVinfo's favourite celebrities, this is an outstanding piece of filmmaking.
Thomas Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Wizard Status

I'm back from Canada with some new kit for my next film project, thanks to the folks at Cinevate. I had a great time collaborating with the group of cinematographers, all of whom are far, far more creative than me. They found lots of little workability issues in Magic Lantern and suggested several new features that will be showing up in a later release.

The 0.1.6 release is finally coming together after several days of fighting the "black screen on playback" bug. I thought I had it fixed several times, but just this morning found the changes to the event handling code that makes me think that it is finally debugged. Writing new features is fun; fixing the stability bugs is painful.

That's the last showstopper, so unless the early testers report anything else there will be a new release soon. When I promised "Monday" two weeks ago, I didn't say which Monday...
Tramm Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Wonderful news Tramm. Can't wait.
Alex Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #6
Major Player

Trammel, your shot taken whilst belaying down the rock face is a keeper out of about 500GB of footage taken over the three days. I'm pretty sure Chris used some of it in our follow up video posted at our site. You may be more creative than you think :-)

Although the schedule was a bit crazy, the f/8 Summit had a major impact on how we interact with our customers including finding new ways for us to promote you..the shooters. For those of you who haven't met Trammel, he's not just very, very smart. He's also a real nice guy.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD