Full HD on HDMI while recording - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old September 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #16
Major Player

Tramm,

You are the man! Terry Gilliam was obviously a visionary.

How's that Small HD monitor treating you? I'm very happy with my little Ikan V5600 and V8000HDMI but if your full screen hack works then a 720p monitor makes more sense. Phil Bloom recommends the 4x3 Marshall because of its daylight viewable screen but its only 1024, others have said good things about the new Ikan V8900 and others like the Manhattan monitors. Sadly there is no way I can ever get to see them all together.

Don,

Love that idea, but I would like something more viewfinder like if possible.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Im not Tramm, but I do own the smallhd DP-1 and I like it a lot. Its primary use is on a modified Glidecam X-10 system which really benefits from its size and clarity. Its a boon for focusing even in its current output. Full HDMI will be a helpful treat! And as a primary monitor on a studio configuration its a great alternative to having to press your eye to the Z finder (although thats exceptional in its own right).
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #18
Major Player

Anyone use a mac laptop as a monitor? Looking at a refurb 13" macbook pro at $1000, and a Marshall 7" at $1000 makes me think........
Don Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #19
Major Player

Don,

I've tried using my Macbook Pro as a monitor and there's just to much delay for me :(

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM   #20
Regular Crew

How can you monitor on the macbook? USB?
Xavier Plagaro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD