REVISED v.2.0.4 -- Canon 5D Mark II 2.0.4 Firmware (24p) Available - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 16th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #16
Major Player

Nice one.

Just downloading, Very slow download but I guess the world and his dog is busy downloading too.

Work can wait for a bit this morning…

Avey
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I just upgraded my camera & am off out to shoot some footage.

Note that cool 30p PAL frame rate is no longer an option:-) After the upgrade its' 24p or 25p only & if you want 30p you must switch to NTSC.

On a whim I just checked that maximum clip size remains the same & just shot a clip of almost 12 & a half minutes (static view of my desk) before it cut out. Before I formatted the card again it told me that 3.98GB was in use.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #18
New Boot

Unable to extract exe file, getting IO fork exception... bahhh
whops.... the whole file did not download
what a download service ....
still waiting... maybe someone are counting the bits sent to me in the other end...
third try.... download manager reported "Download Complete" after 10 minutes and 1.45MB... IO fork exception again.

Two hours laiter... still not possible to get this baby down. Gets aborted every time... what a mess.

Called Canon Norway, they confirmed something is wrong with the download and filed a bugreport to Japan.

Last edited by Tore B. Krudtaa; March 16th, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
Tore B. Krudtaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #19
Regular Crew

What an amazing level of support Canon has given to those who have embraced digital filmmaking with the 5DII. Canon really deserves to be thoroughly congratulated for this and the other upgrades that they have provided to 5DII owners. If Canon keeps this up I might have to diagnose myself with my first bout of brand-loyalty.
Ben Denham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #20
Regular Crew

There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting (J.G. Holland)

How much of human life is lost in waiting (Emerson)
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:11 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Downloading now. Going slow, but pretty excited about this!!!
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #22
Major Player

So, since they changed the frame rate from 30fsp to NTSC 29.97 I'm assuming that I should finish shooting my current project before upgrading to avoid rendering and complications?
Ryan Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Undoable

When the 203 firmware upgrade was first announced it was clearly stated that the firmware upgrade it is not undoable. Will we be able to use Magic Lantern???

God bless us all!
Christian
Christian Ionescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #24
Major Player

I cannot get the firmware to download. It keeps telling me the file is 2.83MB and I know it's larger. Can someone post the file here for us to download or point me to an alternate link?
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Ionescu View Post
When the 203 firmware upgrade was first announced it was clearly stated that the firmware upgrade it is not undoable. Will we be able to use Magic Lantern???

God bless us all!
Christian
I'm hearing that you cannot. That actually really sucks. Like enough for me to revert back to the old firmware, unfortunately. I'm in the middle of shooting a short film and the director will be very unhappy if I can't display audio levels nor monitor via headphones while recording this weekend. I think I'm going to source out a separate recorder and just sync in post.
Richard Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #26
New Boot

New Firmware Download Problems

Hi Guys

Is anyone else having problems downloading the new 5D MkII Firmware ?

I have tried several times today from:-

EOS DIGITAL

but on each occasion I only get about halfway before I get a 'Server Has Disconnected' error.

Guess we are all trying at the moment and it can't cope. If anyone knows of other/mirror sites perhaps they could let us know.

Many thanks
Lionel Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #27
Obstreperous Rex

See the bottom of the first post of this thread -- the .dmg (Mac) and .exe (PC) installers are attached there temporarily.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #28
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Ionescu View Post

God bless us all!
Christian

I loaded my CF card with the old 1.10 firmware, and tried to do a firmware change back to 1.10, but only got a dark screen. It would not give me access to the older firmware. Any one else experience that ?
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #29
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
See the bottom of the first post of this thread -- the .dmg (Mac) and .exe (PC) installers are attached there temporarily.
Guys - Thanks for hosting the download here, picked it up this morning without any problems, now just need to upload to the camera and we are in business.

Great stuff, been looking forward to this firmware for a while.
Lionel Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #30
Trustee

I've just downloaded everything from Canon (very quick via a mobile 3G connection), and even got another 5D Mark 2 body arriving in the post this afternoon, so it will be a busy day for trying it all out. I can't wait to try out the 25p (Yay...at last!) and Manual sound recording etc. Wonder if by tonight I'll still want to use the Zoom H4 and other add-ons... :)

Come on Nikon, catch up please...give us 25p!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD