EOS Movie Plugin-E!? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 21st, 2010, 05:52 PM   #31
Major Player

MPEG Streamclip, Compressor and the new EOS E1 plugin all transcode h.264 into ProRes... and they all use Quicktime to handle the conversion. MPEG Streamclip just handles the transcode faster for some reason.
Old March 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Mick View Post
To get the FCP EOS Plugin to work with T2i footage…

1. Install the new Canon EOS MOVIE Plugin-E1 for Final Cut Pro (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...nloadDetailAct)

2. Go to Library/Application Support/ProApps/MIO/RAD/Plugins/CanonE1.RADPLug/Contents/Resources/

2. Open up cameras.plist

3. After the 7D info add the following lines of code (keeping to the coding structure):

<key>T2i</key>
<array>
<string>Canon EOS REBEL T2i</string>
</array>

4. Save the text file. Close it. Everything should work now.

DVXuser.com -- The online community for filmmaking - View Single Post - EOS MOVIE Plugin-E1 for Final Cut Pro Quick Start Guide
Awesome!!!!
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:20 AM   #33
Trustee

Stephen thanks for the posting.
You beat me to it.
I saw this posted elsewhere online yesterday and tried it out last night, and it worked great.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM   #34
Major Player

Is anyone else having errors in transcoding using this plugin? I usually add several volumes (i.e. DCIM folders from cards I've dumped) and then add everything to the queue to transcode to ProRes LT. Every so often a clip will fail to transcode; I wind up with a truncated version of the file. It remains in the queue with a red exclamation mark. If I hover my mouse over it, it says, "Error: No Data."

If I select "retry" it will transcode again and successfully complete the file, but choose a totally different filename for the new file.

This happens for shots lasting 12 seconds up to 12 minutes. Anyone else had this or have an idea why it happens?
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM   #35
Major Player

So the plugin works great, but there is no EXIF information with the clip properties. I wonder why Canon didn't opt to extract that important info from the THM files.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:56 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Andersen View Post
Is anyone else having errors in transcoding using this plugin? I usually add several volumes (i.e. DCIM folders from cards I've dumped) and then add everything to the queue to transcode to ProRes LT. Every so often a clip will fail to transcode; I wind up with a truncated version of the file. It remains in the queue with a red exclamation mark. If I hover my mouse over it, it says, "Error: No Data."

If I select "retry" it will transcode again and successfully complete the file, but choose a totally different filename for the new file.

This happens for shots lasting 12 seconds up to 12 minutes. Anyone else had this or have an idea why it happens?
Have had this issue just using Log and Transfer itself (P2, EX etc). Often it is because I'm editing while the import is happening. Other times it's when the clip has issues.
I found it renamed the clip when there was already a duplicate name in the same directory.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM   #37
Major Player

Can't see anything in the log and transfer preference window about this plug in, having downloaded it 4 times in the last hour. Got P2 and AVCHD option, but nothing else. Any thoughts?
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:27 PM   #38
Regular Crew

make sure your using 10.6.2 of snow leopard. It wont work in earlier versions.
Geoff Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:00 PM   #39
New Boot

I'm using the new plug in right now with FCP 6.0.6. It works great! No problems installing either. I really like being able to set in an out points. Saves time. Another great bonus from Canon. Forgot to mention I'm running OS 10.5.8.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:04 AM   #40
Major Player

make sure your using 10.6.2 of snow leopard. It wont work in earlier versions.

I'm using 10;4;11 Tiger so that must be the problem.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:36 AM   #41
Major Player

Ouch! Now they want me to part with £129 for a Snow Leopard box upgrade. Think i might stick with Streamclip, or is there a cheaper way of doing this?
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:32 AM   #42
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Stevenson View Post
Ouch! Now they want me to part with £129 for a Snow Leopard box upgrade. Think i might stick with Streamclip, or is there a cheaper way of doing this?
Snow Leopard alone is a bargain at just 25 pounds. Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.K.)

The Mac Box set at 129 pounds includes Snow Leopard, iLife '09 & iWork '09 which is also a bargain for what you get Mac Box Set - Apple Store (U.K.)

Nothing prevents you using the 25 pound Snow Leopard disk to upgrade Tiger except your conscience as Apple do not enforce their licensing by any technical means.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:53 AM   #43
Major Player

Thanks Nigel. Didn't realise i could do it for 25 quid. Can't see i'd have much need for the rest of the bundle.
Actually, i went out shooting this morning and captured everything into streamclip, which was highly efficient as always. Not sure i need the plug-in really, but at £25 i'll give it a go.
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD