Videomic Pro Test - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old February 11th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Allan, A tweak that would be nice on a future VMP would be a female mini-jack input on the mic so the cables were replaceable.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #17
Major Player

Allan, sorry to post this publicly, but I misplaced your email address.

The replacement VMP feet (referred to as cold shoes on the packing list) arrived about an hour ago.
They each fit without any binding on all my cameras.
I looked at the shoe that came with my VMP and it appears to be a width problem and not one of thickness (height). There are definite wear marks on each side of the foot.
If RODE would like the foot back for inspection, I can send it to the address on the packing slip. Please let me know.

Thanks again for the prompt response.
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #18
Major Player

Quick follow-up
Shot a clip outdoors in low wind yesterday for a spot and was able to do some real comparison in the studio.
Pretty low self noise from the VMP and it definitely negates the need for an external pre (aside from phones obviously) as you can literally dial the 5D pre to all but one step above closed and still get a very hot signal at over 6'.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Roo View Post
Allan, sorry to post this publicly, but I misplaced your email address.

The replacement VMP feet (referred to as cold shoes on the packing list) arrived about an hour ago.
They each fit without any binding on all my cameras.
I looked at the shoe that came with my VMP and it appears to be a width problem and not one of thickness (height). There are definite wear marks on each side of the foot.
If RODE would like the foot back for inspection, I can send it to the address on the packing slip. Please let me know.

Thanks again for the prompt response.
Ed, there's nothing like getting a pair of new shoes that fit :) The folk at Rode say thanks but there's no need to return that first shoe .. and enjoy your VMP.

Jim, yep the +20dB feature is great eh.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD