5D Footage and Premiere Pro CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:29 AM   #1
Major Player

5D Footage and Premiere Pro CS4

So I can get my 5D clips to play fine if I drop them into the timeline directly and render them in PP CS4, but they do not play properly when I put them in the preview window to cut in and out points. And this IS at "Draft Quality".

If I can't figure out a way to make this work in the preview window I guess I'll have to convert them like many people do, is "Streamclip" any good for doing this? I love working with my Mpeg2 footage that is captured from my XH A1s but will I lose quality doing it this way?

Very low on cash after buying the 5D and all the accessories mind you. Hehe

Thanks!

My Sytem:
Pentium 4 - 2.75 Dual Core Proccesor
6 GB Ram
Nice Nivida Video Card
Danny Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: 5D Footage and Premiere Pro CS4

My advice would be to up grade to CS5 pronto - so much better. For one, there's a pre-set that "sees" the Canon DSLRs. It allows you to edit without rendering (which you have to do in 3 or 4).

Bottom line is that it's totally worth the cost of upgrade.
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Well yeah, I would love to get CS5, but as I said, right now I just need something that will convert my clips to a more forgiving codec for CS4 until I can aquire CS5.

It would really be cool if I could get some opinions on Streamclip. Is it any good for this?

Thanks.
Danny Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Trustee

Gotsya - I used cineform before CS5 - clumsy, but it worked. Sorry, but no experience with slipstream....
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:15 PM   #5
New Boot

I've made a 26min doc with this method and it work's very well

Jose Barbosa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD