My 5D3 footage is very funky at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 5th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #1
Major Player

My 5D3 footage is very funky

Hi all,

These are stills from footage I shot on my 5D3 using an always reliable Sandisk 45MB/s SD card (don't recall if it was IPB or ALLI mode unfortunately - bit rate of the footage averages 89Mbits/second).

It appears in almost every clip I have shot.

What gives????
Attached Thumbnails
My 5D3 footage is very funky-whaaaaa.png   My 5D3 footage is very funky-whhhaaaaa2.png  

Old March 5th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: My 5D3 footage is very funky

Ehm, I did see exactly the same issue posted on this forum a while ago? Can't find the thread though.

edit: here it is: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...cts-video.html
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #3
New Boot

Hello John,

We tried to help John Carrithers with his problem and we provided a solution to repair the damaged clips affected by the same issue you're describing. All points to a malfunction of your 5D Mk III body that corrupts part of the footage.

Please send us a repair request using Treasured • Tool for Video Diagnostics and Repair in case you're on a Mac computer.

In case you're on a PC then use MP4repair.org to diagnose the file.

Regards,
Javier
Javier Boronat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hewat View Post
Hi all,

These are stills from footage I shot on my 5D3 using an always reliable Sandisk 45MB/s SD card (don't recall if it was IPB or ALLI mode unfortunately - bit rate of the footage averages 89Mbits/second).
If it's 89Mbps then it must be All-I. IPB is around 30Mbps. By way of comparison a 5D2 records at about 40Mbps.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD