What do I need (with ME66) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 19th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #16
Major Player

While a Beachtek will probably give you better sound it is not absolutely required. You CAN get an XLR-miniplug adpator that will work in many instances. At least until the budget lets you get an XLR adaptor.
Jeff Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #17
Contributor

On camera: not good

Just a small note: if you are into wildlife recordings, you might be needing so much gain that you will surely pick up a lot of camera noise, and handling noise depending on the mount. If you want the cleanest sound, you will have to take the mic away from the camera, which will likely require another human being to hold the mic.
Old September 20th, 2003, 03:52 AM   #18
Regular Crew

AT822 any good?

Hi,

I just found on the Internet the AT822
http://www.audiotechnica.com/prodpro/profiles/AT822.html

Wich may be just what I was looking for.

The only problem is, that I could not find any audio test samples of the microphone.

Because I will buy this microphone on the Internet, I would like to know how the microphone will sound.

Gabriel
Gabriel_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 02:14 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Has anyone used the Audix UEM-81 shotgun mic series? The 81c is a small diaphram carioid capsule and unlike the Sennheiser it includes a power supply module (AA powered), while the 81s also includes an additional supercardioid shotgun capsule and shotgun windscreen. Not sure if it will run on phantom power from a mixer but it does definitely have the onboard AA battery power, which most outdoor uses would be easier with battery power anyway. I've seen the 81s for as low as $250 while the Sennheiser K6 power module and ME66 short shotgun run almost $400. Big difference in price and maybe quality, but I've had high recommendations for the Audix line in the pro audio world. I'm wondering if the shotgun and cardioid mic package is also of good quality.

Jeff K.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders