kata bag defect? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old February 11th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

kata bag defect?

after reading about it on this forum, i bought the ccc-101, which seems like a terrific bag, BUT: the top flap on the bag i purchased seems to have an extra inch of zipper on it; which is to say that when you zip it closed, there's still an inch of zipper on each side just hanging out, and when you velcro the flap it makes a weird bump. is that how the rest of you kata owners' bags are constructed?

thanks,
phb
Paul Bravmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #2
Major Player

I have a ccc-102 (basically the same bag, just a little longer) and the zipper isn't at all like that. In fact, the zipper isn't even visible due to being covered by a overhang of the blue material along the whole bag. At the very end, near the velcro, the zipper is sewn between the yellow inner material and blue outer. The zipper is completely secured and velcro is flat.
You might wait to hear from others that own an actual ccc-101, but it sounds to me like you got a defective bag. You're right, the 101/2 are terrific for the GL2, so hopefully this hasn't turned you away.
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #3
Tourist

Kata Bag

I also have the CCC-101 and it also has extra zipper. I guess it was easier for them just to sew the zipper in than shorten it. I has not affect my bag and the velcro keeps the bag closed pretty good.
Chris Byrd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders